violet couldnt believe it.

her head felt like it was being squished between a boulder, standing in the middle of a chaotic moment.

the only thing she was looking forward to that night was for the convention to be over, so that she could see finn. but problem after problem seemed to be going on, and everyone was going to her for answers.

"violet, look. all you have to do is walk down the runway, turn around, and walk back. thats it!"

"yes, daryl but im a manager, not a model."

"well, we're a bit desperate right now."

"why dont you do it?"

"nobody wants a bald thirty year old dressed in a two piece with his stomach hanging out, alright?"

violet stands in the midst of the large chatting crowd. a crowd in which was expecting a small runway show as an event during the convention. a runway show that was missing a model that fell ill last minute.

she argues with the seattle locations manager, the man that seemed to go to violet with the issues due to not knowing how to do his job correctly.

"listen to me, daryl. this isnt on me, got it? youre in charge of this show, im here to smile, look pretty, and find new investors."

"you're cute, you've got a good body, you know how this works, and you're female. i have no one else."

"jesus christ, do i have to do everything myself." she grumbles passing by him.

"where are you going?" he shouts after her.

"to handle it!" she returns the tone, going back stage to tens of strangers ready to walk the runway. seattle location models.

"can i have everyones attention, please?" she calls, glancing around.

she groans as they talk over her, not paying attention. so she finds a chair, stepping up onto it in her heals.
"hey! listen up."

they silence, all attention to her.

"im violet, im a manager from the new york location. we've run into a problem and we're short a model. do any of you know anyone that maybe lives near by? can be here in ten minutes and knows how to walk?"

"uh, i might have somebody?" a girl raises her hand to catch violets attention. a clear face, wispy hair.

"great call her. tell her i'll pay her personally; whatever you have to do to get here here. thank you very much."

she steps down, exhausted and somewhat angry that the pressure was put on her halfway across the country. sometimes, she hated being in charge.

she steps back into the crowd, talking to venders and potential clientele from the east coast. she made herself proud often, for she did her job well. she enjoyed socializing, convincing. it often made the time fly. and as predicted, the night went by in a blink.

the models replacement ended up making it, obviously being a bit new, but it went unnoticed by much of the crowd.

currently, violet stood talking to daryl about upcoming sales quotas, preparing for the night to end as it neared midnight.

"violet? was it?"

two tall girls approach an equally tall violet, one being the model that helped them out and brought a friend.

"uh, yes. what can i do for you?"

"this is camryn, shes the one that filled in, i promised her money."