¹⁷

violet wakes to the warmth of the sun ricocheting off her cheeks. she had never felt this type of comfort before.

she'd blame it on the sun, but deep down she knew it had nothing to do with the earths rotation; and everything to do with her surroundings.

she gets up within the quiet living room. it was approaching eleven, finn was still asleep from his long previous day.

violet decides to start the day with moving her things in settled places. she had put away the easy things the night before. her movies to the tv stand, vinyls to the record player table, jackets to the coat closet.

what remained were the things packed away in boxes that she was unsure of where to put. even though he would remind her over again that it was now her place too, she didn't want to overstep into finns space.

so she makes due with what she could manage to put away. heading to the bathroom with a box full of her toiletries. his bathroom was rather modern, in fact the majority of the house stood that way. a large mirror sits above double sinks, violet takes the one that looked least occupied.

as she sets the box to the counter, the cardboard knocks over a few orange bottles; rattling in pills, they only roll around.

violet doesn't touch them when she realizes what had happened, she only stares. eyes locked to the bottles until her body's petrified with the sound of his voice behind her. she glances up through the mirror, making eye contact with finn who leaned to the door frame behind her.

"i'm not crazy."

"oh- i." she shakes her head, unable to know what to say.

"theyre just stupid pills."

"why are you taking aripiprazole?" she regretted asking, it felt rude. but he didnt mind being open with her.

"doctors diagnosed me with manic depression a couple years ago."

"manic depression?"

"bipolars disease." he approaches behind her, eyes still meeting hers through the mirror.
"but i'm not crazy i swear, not even off the meds."

"i didn't think you're crazy." she turns to meet his eyes.

"i- i don't even really need them, i only take them to have the energy to get through the day-"

"finn." she cuts him off with a reassuring smile.
"you don't have to justify yourself. i believe you."

"i just don't want you to think that i'm unstable. i just got you back in my life and, i don't want you to leave again." he whispers.

"its going to take more than a few orange bottles to scare me away, finn."

she smiles sweetly to him, turning back to her box and pulling out some of her things. silently, finn begins to help her put away her things to the bathroom cabinets.

"so i was thinking last night about the whole bed situation." violet speaks up.

"yeah, me too."

"what did you come up with?"

he squints to her in thought; afraid to jump into what he was going to say.
"tell me your idea first."

"okay well, i thought maybe i could just pull my mattress out from storage and put it in that empty corner in the living room."

"what, you dont want to be roommates?" he smirks to her in a tease.

"i figured you'd want your space."