⁴⁵

"i told ayla."

"you did what?"
finn snaps around to look at violet. the two had just managed to make it back to their apartment, barely through the door before violet just couldn't seem to keep it anymore.

"look i threw up in the airport bathroom and she was questioning me. she was worried and i had to explain that i was fine- dont be mad, please."

his confused, cold stare turns into laughter quickly,
"you threw up in the airport bathroom?"

violet sighs of relief,
"you're an asshole."

"no! i mean,"
he drops all his things in his hands to the ground, surrounding violet in his tall hold.
"you're fine, right?"

"its your baby thats getting the bathroom diseases if im not."
she elbows him away, taking her stuff to the bedroom as he stays put, laughing after her.

"hey!" he chases her down the hall.
"how'd she take it."

"she cried, and then made me throw up again."

"so well?"

violet nods, beginning to unpack her suitcase on the bed. finn sighs at a gut feeling, he was afraid to take it up with her. for he didnt want to sour her mood beyond the incident at the airport.

"vi."

she hums in question, putting her things away back in their rightful places. it felt so good to be home.

"you never, talked about what maverick had to say before we left."

"oh." she shuts the dresser drawer, turning back to the bed to finish what she was doing. violet didn't bother to meet the eye contact that finn was trying so desperately to hold onto.
"vogue decided to buy it. hes got five other magazines ready to put the downpayment for the shoot."

his eyes widen from the other side of the bed.
"violet! thats so great, im so proud of you."

she smiles a pitiful smile down to her suitcase,
"but the only way to expand it to international brands is to do another shoot within the next three months."

finn shrugs, noticing her change in demeanor.
"okay? so you go back for a few weeks three months from now to do another; no big deal."

"yes big deal" she chuckles gently, shrugging to indicate that the situation was what it was.
"it took me months to design, draw up and plan. truthfully, ive got more important things going on to even consider accepting."

he looks to her suspiciously.
"you want the abortion, dont you?"

violet sighs, crossing her arms as she leans to the wall.
"i did."

she watches the blank stare to his face.

"but then it was something about the way that ayla reacted, you know?" she throws her arms to her side, approaching him gently.
"like it was obvious to everyone but us that this was what we needed."

his eyes refuse to leave his shoes.
"its still your choice. im going to be here, whether i like your decision or not."

"what do you want."

"honest, i think you already know the answer to that vi." he meets her eyes gently.
"but it isn't my career its effecting."

"it is, i mean in the grand scheme of things; this sucks for the both of us. so what the hell are we doing?"

"i dont know." he whispers.