a problem was brewing and violet could feel it.

she could feel just four days into spending time with finn that something was off.

maybe it was because it had been three years. but maybe it wasn't. maybe it was just him.

finn's lack of problems weirded her out. he didn't seem the same.

he had changed, and it was for the better.

violet had noticed his confidence sky rocket from years ago, and it warmed her heart. for that was all he had been missing this entire time.

his entire demeanor had changed around since they were kids, his hard exterior was gone and there he stood; gentle to the touch.

~*~

violet stomps down the stairs to her apartment in anger. for her and william had been arguing for what seemed like hours upstairs.

their arguments were never much compare to what she used to get into with finn. instead, their arguments consisted of stern talks and eye rolling. what an ever so harmless thing.

violets brown sweater is grabbed by her arms once she reaches the bottom of the stairs. finns eyes stare sincerely down to hers, searching them for answers.

"is everything alright?"

she looks up to him, fury still escaping her thoughts.
"i just want to get out of here."

"let me get your jacket for you."

finn meets violet at the door, holding her new black coat out to help her slip her arms through. he quickly grabs his own as he chases the girl out the door.

"what were you guys arguing about anyway?" he races to catch up to her down the hall.

"he's pissed that i'm spending time with you."

"oh vi... i dont want to ruin your relationship." he stutters. he wanted her; but he wanted her happiness more so.

"believe me, you're not the one ruining it."

the two take the stairs, per usual. violet would swear that her muscle gain was from living on the twelfth  floor.

"well, is there anything i can do to help?"

she eyes him in a tease.
"you can pay for me to get into the museum."

"fine but violet." he sighs, almost frustrated that she always switched talking about her feelings with a joke.

he turns her around to him before she could open the door. grabbing her hands in his.
"its okay to talk about your problem-"

"my problem is this, finn." she pushes his hands away from hers, staring at the ground.

"vi, im so sorry. i wasnt trying to overstep-"

"you're not overstepping, finn. thats my problem; okay? my problem is that i want you to overstep."

"i, i don't understand." he stutters.

"yeah." she sighs,
"me neither."

"look, i know that you and william had a fight but; you two will figure it out. he loves you and-"