⁵¹

"shit."

"good one finn." violet nudges him, irritated all over again.

"yeah, uh" he sets his things down, remaining by the door.
"we were going to tell you guys soon-"

"dude oh my god congrats." jack hugs finn harshly, finn taking it as an excited gesture.
"violet!" jack takes her hand, spinning her around to cause her to laugh, hugging her so sweetly to put a smile back on her face.

malcolm congratulates the both of them, sharing a hug as well as ayla stands back in a happy smile.

"when were you planning on telling us, huh? seems like ayla already knew." jack crosses his arms in a tease.

"ayla found out on accident." violet corrects, setting her own things down next to finns.
"we just didnt want it distracting from the song writing so, we were going to hold off until the album was done."

"please let me take your kid out skateboarding and to concerts, please."

the two chuckle lightly at jacks premature wishes, finn shaking his head as he gets his guitar out from its case;
"take that one up with the boss, dude."

his eyes move to violet, as shes taken back.
"what are you serious? the things not even as big as your finger right now."

"i gotta call dibs on it now before ayla convinces you to let her turn it into a little diva and take it shopping."

"hey! im the cool aunt, okay?" aylas arms fly from her sides in defense.

"no way! im the cool aunt!" he retaliates.

"guess we wont have a hard time finding a babysitter, huh?" finn takes onto violets hand, guiding her gently across the room to a beanbag chair.
"here, sit."

"so vi, youre not fat yet. whens the due date?"

"jack!" finn scolds his friend who takes a seat next to her on the crowded beanbag.

"well its not like im lying! everyone gets fat when theyre pregnant."

"youre gonna want to watch yourself bro, she'll punch you. believe me."

"sometime in february." violet answers his question, nudging jack in his side.
"and not everyone puts on the weight. you better hope i dont otherwise im coming to your house to complain about it."

"are you still eating vegan?" ayla questions, getting her stuff together as well to sit around the others.

"so far so good. no cravings yet, im going to try to stick with it."

finns eyes roll in a tease to his friends as he takes a seat on the small couch across from violet. he wasn't expecting her eating habits to last that long, for dinner shopping was a pain. but he supported her in it as long as it were to last. he figured she'd break anytime now, certainly by her second trimester.

"okay but seriously, before we get started we need to have talk." jacks arms stretches around violet, her head resting to his shoulder

"what?"

"you two are going to raise your kid around music, right? cause i feel like legally, being in a band you have to."

"oh please." violet scoffs.

"with finn for a dad? it'll know twelve instruments before it even comes out." ayla response, tuning her guitar up for rehearsal.

finn laughs at her modesty, shrugging off his talent as no big deal.
"ayla needs to get on it so that our kids can be friends."