²²

untangling headphones was therapeutic.

there violet sat on a bench in the center of a blossomed park; tangling her head phones just to untangle them afterwards.

berlin was wet. for small raindrops sat kindly to her jacket, and skin. everything stood green in the park; smack in the middle of a loud city. for the cars felt so loud, you could hardly hear the birds singing.

the other four stand in a group a little ways down the sidewalk; all looking over a phone in which set out directions around the city. ayla holds up a found newspaper over her head to stop the rain from frizzing her hair.

violet watched from a distance, waiting for the sign that they had found their hotel on the maps. for they insisted on walking and got lost in the artwork of buildings.

but the sign took its time coming. eventually, finally they figure it out. finn finds violets eyes, waving her over with a frustrated breath. he voted to just call a cab from the airport. nobody listened to him.

violets boots splash in the puddles as she meets the both of them halfway; taking their damp suitcases to drag behind themselves.

it was fifteen minutes of silence to reach the hotel, for everyone seemed to be captivated by the surrounding architecture. the elegance of the city almost brought violet back to the feeling she felt everywhere she went as a teenager. like she didn't fit in, didn't belong in such an extravagant place.

although violet was always dressed for it, she didnt have weekend clothes; only business casual in which she'd dress for work. a fashion designers elegance without the price.

they lead each other into a rather tall building sat in the center of chaos. the building blended into the city; leading violet to be taken back at the view inside the doors.

her surroundings sparkled in marble and suede. the lights reflecting off the clear diamonds of a chandelier. and still, the band had the audacity to walk in like it was nothing. it left violet dumbfounded for the last time she toured with them, they were lucky to even sleep in the van. she still wasn't used to the feeling, especially after seeing the way their apartments were.

"we have a reservation." finn leads to the front counter, his guitar case slung to his back; fingers tapping as the others stand behind him.

"name?"

"wolfhard." he responds to the german accent.

"four rooms?"

"it should be five?" his eyebrows furrow.

"im sorry sir, there must have been a mix up." she smiles to him from across the lobby desk, typing on her computer just as she glances up.
"you're in a band?"

violet notices the way her eyes flicker towards finn, she doesn't do much but stare; only observing the situation.

"yes." he flashes a smile to her, nudging behind him.
"this is my band."

"wow thats really cool, i've always heard about american bands with their leaders. normally pretty dreamy i've heard."

"uh, four rooms is fine." violet speaks up; collecting the hotel keys spread across the counter. finn stares to her, chuckling gently at her jealousy.

she guides them away; out of the flirtatious situation.

"vi, we got five rooms?" finn runs to catch up with her.

she shrugs,
"you dont mind bunking with me, right?"

"i suppose not, but you paid for your room."