¹⁸

it rests a few weeks later and everything seemed to finally be settled in within violets life.

the apartment was now their apartment, for it didnt truly become hers until the day she walked in and it didn't smell like him and cinnamon candles anymore. instead, it smelled of nothing; her scenes were used to it by now.

violet started up at her new job, figuring out that there was no acting manager within the vancouver area; and she still remained the face of the company. which was the biggest of her concerns.
she took the spot of a manager.

and finally, finally. after twenty two years of her life, violets life was finally figured out, and at peace.

another saturday night rolls around, the vancouver city sits timid as the clock nears three in the morning.

violets body wakes slightly, turning herself to the other side of her body. her arm reaches out to the opposite side of the bed; expecting to find finns warm skin with her iced fingers.

instead, shes only met with the cold fabric of the silk laced sheets. she groans, rubbing her eyes awake; for the hallway light was still on, peaking through the door.

violet had gone to bed without finn, him claiming that he was only going to be another twenty minutes; four hours ago.

she tosses the cover away from her, creaking the floor as she walks out of the bedroom. her eyes adjust to the light; the gentle sounds of guitar strings strumming filling the warmth and comfort of home from the living room.

eventually, she places gentle steps all the way down the carpeted hallway to the living room. finns back is to her, sitting on a kitchen chair pulled into the center of the open living room. just where she had left him hours ago.

he hears her, despite her quiet steps. finn turns around, keeping eye contact with her as she walks to him, sitting just across from the chair where he sat, to the couch.
"shoot vi, im sorry. did i wake you up? i thought maybe if i only kept the acoustic out; it'd be quiet enough."

she smiles in sleep, rubbing her eyes.
"why are you still up finn? its late."

"i know, but i've got to get this song done by monday and i haven't even finished the chorus."

"let me hear it."

"you should really get back to bed-"

"play finn, i want to help." she cuts him off.

he stares to her, nodding as he readjusts the guitar in his lap.

"id love to see,
come over, sit down, sit right next to me.
believe me believe
my voice went hoarse on me-"
he stops playing, looking to violet.
"i don't like it, it just doesn't flow right. and its missing something."

she stares to the ground in thought.
"that line thats goes uh, come over, sit down, sit right next to me?"

he nods.

"its missing something at the end so what if you added a phrase of repetition at the beginning you know? something like.
i'd love to see, who called, who bawled."