²⁶

"we've got the money."

violets head perks up at the poilces' voice through the door.
"but you have to let the hostages go before you receive it."

all hope escapes violets chest, she knew the gunman wasnt stupid enough for that.

he hesitates, looking around.
"show me it first."

he cracks the door open, violet only able to see hands filled with stacks of money bundled together.

the light spilling into the dim tunnel showed hope on the situation.

it had been hours of being trapped, the worst hours of their lives. they only hoped it was coming to an end.

"get up." he shoves his gun towards violet.

her body trembles, knees weak. but she manages; swallowing harshly as he pushes her towards the door.

"out." he orders, pulling up more of them to be pushed towards the door.

violet doesn't hesitate, not a minute. her shakey hands push open the door, to what felt like hundreds of guns on her.

her hands shoot up in surrender, scared. immediately; theres shouting to hold fire, arms wrapped around her shaking body by an officer. guiding the group gently towards the front of the airport.

their only goal was to get the hostages out of there before they ambushed the man without the money.

by then, the airport stood vacant; a sight so skin crawling all on its own, it barely made a difference with blood on the floor.

she was handed a blanket on the way out, violet uses it to wipe her face off. free from the strangers blood except to her shirt. she stares to the ground the entire way there, numb; disconnected.

she hoped her friends were safe. it gave her hope with the call from finn that he was okay. she was never religious, but she prayed for the rest of them. to be safe.

the outside doors open, the winter air wafting violet in the face. she wasn't uncomfortable with it, breathing in the cold air welcomely for she was just grateful to smell the outside again.

shes left alone as the officers rush back in to help the others. she looks around in the commotion, the voices seeming to drive her crazy; ears still ringing from the close gunfire.

ayla said to give it five minutes, but finn didnt stop. checking around, double checking for three hours. they were growing cold and the crowd was starting to die down. the band gathers around in the center of it all.

finns heart was heavy, still in denial. he showed no tears to his friends but he felt them coming the longer they waited. he knew the chances of violet coming back were lessening.

"finn, maybe we should ask an officer. they could identify her body if-"

"stop." he cuts ayla off, looking to the ground.

she sighed, pain striking her chest. she didn't want to believe it either, but it was something they needed to start to consider.
"we just need to be sure."

"ayla i cant-" finn looks up. happening to look up in the right place.

violet just so happens to find his eyes in the crowd just as he does.

he barely reacts the minute he sees her. he pushes the others to the side, running past the strangers to get to her.

he calls her name, still stumbling around hundreds of shaken people. his heart sinks in relief. relief that he simply couldn't explain, relief that drowned every sense in his body.

finally, he reaches her. he doesn't look at her, he doesn't hesitate. his arms wrap around her shoulders quickly, pulling her to him as his head buries to her neck.

his body trembles, openly sobbing into her hold. it pushes violet over the edge, she lets out three hours of fear into his sweatshirt. she couldn't hold it back anymore, she couldn't hide it from herself.

"i love you so much." his voice shakes, holding her tighter. to him, he was surprised he managed to even get that out.

she doesn't respond, gripping to him tighter. it was a wave of safety overwhelming her.

"violet!" the others catch up.

ayla hugs behind her, the others holding her anyway they could, together. for they didn't expect her to let finn go anytime soon, they understood.

nobody was sure of the extent of what violet had been through. finn didn't even check to make sure she wasn't injured.

in a way, he didn't care. she was here and thats what he cared about.

they pull away, finn not bothering to wipe his eyes; he looks to her. the both of them clearly shaken up and scared.

"violet i thought-" he chokes on his own words, pulling her back to him.

despite the chaos, violet knew what was going on. she recognized it in him immediately, remembering from being teenagers.

she pulls away, grabbing his hands into her own that shook out of control. even though hers could be considered to be shaking worse, she stands strong; trying to not let it show much.

he sighs, his anxiety settling at the look in her eyes. he felt selfish for being this way, after what she had experienced. he just couldn't stop it.

"im okay." she whispers, her tears gone; her body tired.

he notices the blood on her, horrified at what had happened in that tunnel. it was a point that he was grateful, grateful that she was safe in his arms.

"i was so scared." he whispers.
"i went back to find you and i heard the gun go off and i thought that it was you-"

"i'm not hurt." her hand meets his face, trying to settle him as she settles herself.

he sighs, holding her again. he couldn't let go, he didn't want to.

"finn." ayla holds onto his shoulder.
"shes gotta go so they can look her over." she nudges towards the ambulance parked down the street.

his eyes follow, back to violet, and to the others.
"fine, but then we're going home."

1006 wc

im REAALLY not sure about this