¹³

the day moved on, but it still wasnt off of finns mind. in fact, it was all he thought about. the way her lips felt.

he waited for that moment for three years.

three years.

he only wished he could have changed the circumstances. for he would have stayed the entire night with her lips if violet hadnt had a boyfriend.

regardless, he still kept his distance, and he kept it well. he didn't want to ruin anything for her, to make anything harder.

ironically, by doing that, it was making violet feel worse. for she just wanted him to kiss her, to just kiss her so that she didnt have to make the decision to start something. right then, more than anything, she wished she didnt have another life back home.

she understood why he told her no, she just wished he had been drunk enough to forget about the aspects the night before.

"thanks for the breakfast finn." violet nudges his arm, taking the both of their dishes to the sink so that she could wash them.

"not a problem, violet cage." he gets up to help her.

"nuh-uh you made the food, i'll take care of the dishes." she shoos him away, watching as he sighs; sitting himself onto the counter besides her.

"what would you like to do today? its just you and me."

"not sure yet." she dries what she had washed.
"what is there to do?"

finn shrugs,
"ive got movies and popcorn here. theres a skateboard rink down the street, a pool downstairs. you pretty much name it and we'll go."

"i'll have to get back to you about it in a bit."

violet finishes up, aimlessly leaning against the counter in silence. looking around his apartment as he watches her.

suddenly, her eyebrows puzzle, her heart sinks. for whatever reason, the sight made her feel as if she could crumble away to dust.

she approaches the living room slowly, finn still watching her from the kitchen. she reaches what her eyes are set on.

she leaves it to the wall, but plucks each individual, distractingly out of tune, string.
"you kept the guitar?"

he nods, approaching behind her to look at it too. violets eyes never left it, out of shock.

"your guitar." he corrects,
"yeah of course i did."

"why?"

"i havent touched it since i moved in, its just been sitting there. waiting for you."

"but i told you in the note-"

"i never found anybody that i loved like i loved you." he thought perhaps he was taking it too far; but it truthfully was how he felt.

luckily, his words didnt do anything but cause violet to melt at the seems.

"this is what i want to do today."

"what?"

"i want you to teach me." she looks to him, eyes foggy in tears as she stutters over herself.
"if, thats okay."

"jesus, violet." he sighs, pulling her into a hug. she sobs into his shoulder, not able to keep a single bit of it back.
"i didnt know it was this important to you back then. im sorry, im really sorry."

he traces circles to her back, holding her tightly in hopes that it would help her settle down.

she couldnt speak, she didnt even try. she didnt try to let go of him either. that entire time that she begged him to teach her growing up, she just wanted to spend time with him.