³⁷

the warmth of sun replacing starlight seemed to wake the two up simultaneously. violet barely had her eyes open before her phone sends a ring throughout the bedroom.

she groans, rolling over to find it on the bedside table. finn stares to the ceiling, not reaching to find his own phone. he didnt feel like connecting with any part of his life besides violet, she was the only thing that mattered at the moment.

he listens as she mumbles through her phone, pulling her closer by her hips to rest his arms around her tightly. violet tries to comprehend what her boss tries to explain, but most of it passes through in sleep. she waits two minutes, then hangs up again. groaning back into the hold of the arms she had needed for weeks.

"was that maverick?"

she hums to his chest, holding onto him around his torso.

finn kisses her forehead, tracing her back in circles as he speaks softly.
"you dont have to go in the only day we have together, do you?"

"im really sorry finn. he wants me to have a complete file set out for tonight, hes trying to push the photo shoot for the first show next month."

he sighs, doing his best to remind himself that she went to california to do big things, and he couldnt get in the way of that.
"go do what you have to do then. I'll be here when you get back."

violet pulls herself away from the friction of the sheets. chilled as the cold air hits her bare skin. swiftly, she pulls a black tshirt over her tall figure; loose jeans over her bony hips.
"you know, why dont you just come with me? im sure maverick would love to see you before the shoot."

he watches her from the sheets, covering up the smile that was creeping on his lips.
"you want me to do the shoot for you still?"

violet sighs, coming over to sit on his side of the bed.
"nick told me that you were upset that i didnt mention it over the phone. and shit finn, im sorry. i just didnt want to bother you with it anymore. it'd mean a lot if you did it for me."

he takes her hand, helping himself out of the bed to change his own clothes. before he manages to get a new shirt on, he approaches violet; hand tangled in her hair as he stares so strictly at her.
"i'll do anything for you."

she smiles a warm smile. and suddenly, the past five years shutters in her mind entirely. a motion picture of how she had evolved from something so deadly, to something so safe.

"then spend the day with me" violet whispers into the emptiness of the room.

"i would like to see where you work." he admits, backing off to finally change his clothes.

"so you'll come with?!" a bright grin showcases her white smile.

"if you hurry it up!" he teases her, tapping her butt gently in attempts to push her out the door.

she gasps, hurrying herself out into the kitchen in front of him. the two laughing up a storm as she practically trips over her own feet.

"you guys are in lively moods this morning."

the laughter dies as their eyes meet nick. he holds a cup of coffee with a smile, leaned to the plastic counter tops.

finns hand squeezes his brothers shoulder as he passes by on the way to the fridge.
"hey, man."

"have any fun plans today?" he hesitates, about to drink his coffee before he rushes in.
"plans that i want to hear about!"

"im running into work for a bit, if thats what you mean." she chuckles, catching the bottle of water that finn tossed to her.