³⁹

after that night, finn left again.

leaving violet busy at work for a while.

she started going out less as the photoshoot approached, working at the office more. late hours, there seemed to be so much to do.

weeks flew by lonely, without a word. she'd text finn from time to time but for the most part, she kept her mind off of it.

she was sitting on three weeks since the last time she saw him and something unexplainable just wasn't right.

violet woke up on a golden sunday morning, a morning she craved all week for she formally didn't have to go in for work. although, the chances were fairly high that she would stop in to get some stuff done later on.

in her pajamas, she walks undetermined to the kitchen. hoping that she hadnt run out of the tea she expected to have bought enough of. not waking up to finns gentle hands giving over a mug of cinnamon was a hard reality to handle.

shes met with maxine, her bright teeth flash a smile up for violet. for maxine was rather short compared to her.
"morning violet."

"good morning." she replies in a yawn, frustrated at the predicted empty tea can.

"are you okay?"

violets eyebrows furrow, glancing around confused until she meets her eyes again to the short blonde.
"yeah?"

"you just look a bit, off." she hums, handing violet over a mug.

violet stares down at the steaming water.

"its not cinnamon. but its what we have left."

"thanks." violet hesitates, digging stuff out of the cupboards for breakfast.
"i dont know, i guess i do feel a bit off. ive been working a lot these past couple weeks. i suppose im just tired."

"how is it going without finn?"

violet shrugs, drinking from her mug cautiously.
"i just try not to think about him, ive got about two weeks until the shoot, i'll see him then."

"and afterwards?"

"the company told me i could go back to work at the establishment office in vancouver but, i dont know. i planned to stay here for six months, theres just so many greater opportunities here."

"greater opportunities than your relationship?"

violet stays silence. eyes peering down at the mug as her shoulders shrug.

"violet," maxine sighs, leaning to the counter to be closer with the girl. she didnt stand much older than violet, and for that she felt that she would be able to help.

"the first time i met eric and mary it was just the four of us. finn was away on tour at the time and if im honest, i hardly knew anything about him past that him and nick played video games together growing up. the first thing that was brought up about finn that night, was actually about you."

violet still managed to refuse to make eye contact, unsure of where her movement was going.

"nick hadnt been home in months and wondered if finn was doing any better. i thought maybe he was sick and i was unaware. from there, the conversation was dropped for a bit until it came back around, when nick asked if finn was still seeing his therapist after the breakup."

"therapist?" her eyebrows furrowing up to her.

"mary told me all about you that night," maxine gives off a small smile.
"you are so undeniably special to that family, nick had always talked about a violet; but i guess i never truthfully connected the dots until i saw the way their faces lit up in love as they spoke about you."