"are you sure about this?"

"you said it fit well?"

"it did."

"then yes, i'm sure." finn shrugs.

the two watch as a worker dressed in expense takes their things up to the cash register.

there they stood, in the center of a high class clothing store. the day hadn't started out that way, but the two just couldn't seem to find what they were looking for anywhere else. and the gala was approaching within hours.

violet nervously leans to the desk, watching their items be wrapped and hung in plastic. her foot taps uncontrollably in her flats.

finn notices, chuckling gently to her demeanor.

"will this be all for you two today?" the girl smiles at the boy, his curls bouncing lightly as his head nods.
"okay. that will come to thirteen five sixty five and twenty seven cents."

violets eyes widen, watching finn. he doesn't pay much attention to her, pulling his wallet out and handing over the card without a facial movement.

as she takes his card from him, finn looks over to violet.
"what?" he chuckles.

she shakes her head, staring to her feet. not wanting to say anything in front of the cashier.

soon, they collect their things. finn thanking the lady for her help on the way out.

"okay." his voice is muffled by the heavy traffic streets as they make their way back to their ride.
"we have a couple hours before so, maybe we can get something to eat afterwards?"

"finn." she speaks, disregarding what he had been saying.
"how did you just spend over thirteen thousand dollars on something we are going to wear once and not even flinch."

"what do you mean, how?"

violet looks over to him, eyebrows raised.
"you weren't joking that you're a millionaire."

he shrugs, not really feeling it was that important. she was right, he was. but he didn't want to be the type of person to show it off.
"its your first time with a date to the gala. we cant show up in just anything."

she smiles to him before they open their car doors. they get into the back. marlo being their private driver to practically everywhere these days.

it was a quick ride back to her apartment, where they're met with an empty room.

violet sighs, taking her shoes off at the door as her dress hangs heavy over her shoulder.
"william must have gone out."

"he doesn't tell you where he's going?"

"you didn't either when we lived together." she eyed him in a tease, leading them upstairs.

"i guess thats fair." he follows her. all the way up the stairs until he stops, watching her turn right to her room. she stops at her door, staring to him.

"are you coming in, or what?"

he hangs his plastic wrapped suit on the guest room door, heading across the hall to a room he had only been in once.

he walks around the room aimlessly as she sits down at her desk. he points to the white finished walls.
"you dont have any pictures or posters or anything?"

"someone once told me that coming home to just a bed helps you empty your mind." she smiles to him through her mirror.

he smiles back, kicking lightly to the carpet. eventually, he takes a seat on the edge of her bed; watching her tentatively as she smears makeup to her face.

there, they sat for a little over an hour, talking about useless things that seemed so important then. for any conversation between the two was growing important. they only had a few days left with each other before finn was back home again.

eventually, he goes back to his own room to get himself ready. it never really took him that long, for he expected to be done much before violet even managed to get herself put together.

that was rather exactly what happened. finn shouts through her door that he'd meet her downstairs whenever she was ready. that was one thing she appreciated the most from finn, he never rushed her in any circumstances.

violet stands in front of the mirror propped against the wall. it stood about a half an hour later, and violet wished she hadn't agreed to go that night.

the expensive dress clung to her body, the red material framing her long torso flattered her nicely. having the job she had, surely she was expected to have some sense in style. and that she did.

she dreadfully put on heals, something she practically lived in these days. making her way cautiously out of her room and down the stairs.

finn hears her footsteps before he officially sees her from the couch. however, the minute his eyes landed to her; he stands immediately. staring at her as if he couldn't pull away.

as violet approaches the bottom of the stairs, she smiles to him. his curly hair was tamed for the first time, his newly bought suit framing his shoulders nicely. it was enough to make violet melt, however she was good at hiding her true feelings. finn however, not as successful.

he told himself to hold it back, to not make a stuttering mess of himself. but he does it anyway.
"god vi, you are so beautiful."
his head shakes, taking her hand.

gently, he spins her around. she laughs at his gesture; meeting up to his eyes again.
"believe me when i say, i am the luckiest guy in the world to be walking into the gala with you."

her cheeks turn red under her makeup, her hand resting to his shoulder as she looks to him.
"you look very handsome, finn."

the simple sentence caused his heart to flutter. the tone of her voice doing it to him more than anything else.

"are you ready? i want to get out of here before william shows up."

"after you." he gestures to the door.

she passes him, only a few centimeters shorter than the boy in her heals. he helps her with her coat that she intended to leave in the car.

once their car pulls up to a curb, finn was dumbfounded with what stood outside their tinted windows.

for violet, the crowd was normal. and even for finn, he was used to paparazzi following him around most places. however, for the occasion; the amount of flashing cameras seemed unusually out of place for the event.

finns emotions sink with pride as violet steps out of the vehicle. shouts of her names erupt from the other side of the cameras. he smiles, following her out as she waits for him.

she waves kindly to the people calling her name as her fingers wrap in between his. a small strip to the inside of the elegant building.

"you seem to be pretty popular, miss cage." finn whisperers, opening the door for her.

she laughs gently as she leads them inside a rather large room with crowds of famous people he recognized, and old rich men that he surely didn't.
"i'm the face of the company, finn."

"you're what?" he looks at her in disbelief, realizing violets name appearing several times within the building.

"look, you see that old guy right there?" she points as finn leans over to her in order to hear.
"thats maverick lampton. he's the founder of the company. but claims he's too old to be on posters, advertisements, stuff like that. so they hired me in to manage the location, and be the face of the company."

"god violet, that's incredible. i mean you've accomplished so much."

she smiles,
"i suppose i have come a long way since you had to buy me a hotdog."

"i'm so proud of you."

"oh, don't be getting all soft on me now, wolfhard. come on." she pulls him by his hand down to the strip of fake red carpet swarmed in cameras.
"theres some people i want you to meet."

1350 wc

is it weird to let someone use my face
for a face claim for their fanfiction? sos