²¹

"violet!"

her eyes snap open to the hum of the plane, and the hushed; violent whisper coming from besides her.

"what jack?" she groans, resting her eyes closed again within the dark plane.

"can i rest my legs on you?"

"i dont care." she mumbles, only trying to get some sleep.

"violet!"

"jesus jack, what?" her eyes look to him, now clearly awake.

"i cant sleep." he complains.

she sighs,
"do you want me to see if someone else is up, to sit with you?"

"i dont want to kick you out of your spot."

"please the pleasures all mine." she playfully hits his shoulder, taking her pillow and crawling over jack to get to the isle of the plane.
"i'll see if finn will switch me."

"sweet thanks vi."

she heads straight up the walkway for ayla and finn, figuring that finn would be up for he usually was up all night back home.

to her surprise, finns head leans against the plane window; eyes rested close peacefully. ayla sits up in her isle seat; a book in her lap as the over head light illuminates her spot.

"hey violet, whats up?" she speaks softly, courtesy of the surrounding sleeping strangers.

"are you staying up? im trying to sleep and jacks annoying the fuck out of me."

she chuckles, standing up with her things.
"you just don't want me accidentally cuddling your boyfriend in the middle of the night." she teases.

"yeah you're right, that's definitely it." violet chuckles, switching spots with the girl.
"thanks ayla, i appreciate it."

"course." she leaves with a smile.

violet sighs as she settles to the spot. setting down her bag to her feet, resting her pillow behind her back.

shutting the light off quietly, she puts up the arm rest of the plane seat; leaning into finns shoulder, wrapping her arms around his.

finn shifts, eyes fluttering open at the touch to his warm skin. he looks down to her, eyes closed again.
"oh hey vi. i thought you were ayla."

his soft chuckles warmed her veins.

"i had to switch. if jack woke me up one more time i was going to yell."

"hmm" he hums, taking one of her free hands; consuming it in his. her head still rests comfortably on him, cuddled up to take in his warmth.
"what time is it?"

"late" she mumbles back.

he doesnt get out anything else. neither of them do; not even managing to say goodnight before the comfort of each other took over. and left them for dead.

although it didnt last long, its a few hours max until finn wakes up with the sun from the cloudless sky; laid across his eyes.

he flinches, groaning as he reaches over to sleepily put down the window cover. malcolm chuckles at him from across the isle; watching him miss it a few times before he angrily pushed it down.

after all the trouble, he opens his eyes. he looks around at the awakened passengers; taking violets wrist to check the time across her watch.

finn groans, pushing her off of him as he stands; crawling over her shaken body. she stirs, catching finn with opened eyes just as he makes it over her.

"going pee." he mumbles, walking down the isle to the back of the plane.

violet rubs her eyes, looking over to malcolm who had seemed to be awake for hours. sitting just across the isle from her, his phone in his hands.

"any chance we're almost there?"

"pft, with delta? yeah right." he smiles, tapping a beat to his tray table with his fingers.

"never thought i'd want to be off an airplane so bad."

"german airports are somehow worse; careful what you wish for."

she sighs back into her seat. violet had only ever been out of the country once; she'd forgotten how much she hated long distance traveling.

finn comes back, a bit more awake than before. he steps over her, settling in the far side seat.
"you hungry? i have protein bars in my bag."

"yeah sure." she yawns, looking back to malcolm as he talks to her.

"you get sick of jack in the middle of the night?"

"yeah." she chuckles, looking past malcolm at the stranger that sat sleeping next to him.
"hows it going with you?"

"good except for the guys bladder problems." he whispers.
"never seen someone have to get up so many times in one night."

"finn will take the seat near the stranger on the way home, right?" she teased him in a smile, glancing to him as he hands her a protein bar.

"at least the guy next to you isn't stinky." he pokes over to malcolm in a smile.

"not cool." violets eyes roll.

"oh im just kidding." he nudges her.

"you know im going to die someday and youre really going to regret being so mean." she jokes.

finn scoffs,
"oh please. you'll find some contemporary thing that puts you on the world forever and nobody will understand how; like most of what you do."

she smiles to her lap. for in some strange way, she wished he was right. and lord how wrong he was.

"so when we get there, to berlin." she looks between the boys.
"whats the plan? show tomorrow night?"

"and then the night after that."

"and the night after that." malcolm adds.

"your voice is going to be gone." she laughs to finn.

he shrugs, resting his head to her shoulder.
"you're going to love it there in berlin, vi. we've been there to tour before. its all artsy and wet."

"wet?"

"im not sure thats how i'd describe it." malcolm chuckles.

finn sighs into her hold, comfortable in warmth.

it was trip that they'd remember. a trip that he was so excited for violet to endure.

and they'd enjoy it, while it lasted.

for tragedy was coming for them all back home,

and it would catch them by surprise.

a god awful surprise.

1000 wc

would you guys read a social media book
after this book or no? let me know so i can start
planning!