⁵⁴

"its a girl?!"

"dude, shes in big trouble."

finn shrugs, standing in the recording studio with his band mates, trying to do what he could to contain how truthfully excited he was.

"oh right, like finns such an intimidating guy." ayla corrects jack, hands on her hips as the group waits inside the crowded room to get the okay to start recording.

"are we forgetting about finn punching that guy at the bar that was being creepy to violet a few years back?"

"yeah or how about the time he practically knocked me out in that hotel." malcolm adds.

"you thought finn overprotects violet? now hes got a daughter." jack concludes protesting to ayla.

her hand rests to his shoulder,
"yeah okay, good point. dont be a crazy dad, finn."

"nah." he nudges it off, adjusting the headphones on his ears as they waited for what felt like hours.
"she'll punch her own people."

"im so happy for you." ayla holds onto him around his waist.
"vi must be showing by now?"

"she tends to try and hide it." he laughs,
"but yeah, quite a lot now."

"why does she hide it?" malcolm questions.

"im not sure. her hormones are everywhere, shes never rationally thinking or is being over dramatic over everything."

"dont tell her that."

"what, do you think i want to die?" his eyes grow towards ayla.
"believe me, i know to watch myself. its always, sure violet i'll go to the store for you at three in the morning or, of course i'll rub your back for three hours straight. im telling you, this baby could not come quick enough."

"and you think your kid wont be needy? welcome to the next eighteen years of your life bro." jack laughs.

finn groans, waiting impatiently to get on with his work. he just wanted to get home, for it was late and he hated to leave violet alone all day.

"have you thought of any names yet?"

"not officially. i dont know i guess its been so stressful lately, we havent thought much about it."

"you might want to get on that quick, the baby will be here faster than you think."

finn could hardly believe it then, but looking back on it ayla was right. his daughter would come so quick and hit him with a different wave of responsibility.

but for now he sits in awaits for the time to pass by him; he seemed constantly stuck in the motions lately.

finn gets home late that night, eleven o'clock as his apartment stands dark besides the light leaking from his bedroom.

he sets his things down neatly by the door, getting something to drink and making his way to violet who he could only assume was trapped in the bedroom in awaits for him. he almost couldn't wait to see her, for she was a needy pain but he loved her; and often felt like he was missing out on time with her now that she was home all day.

he pushes the door open to the sight of the clean bedroom. his dark interior sat in a warm set of hazy yellow lights of the bedside table. and motionless, violets bodys rests peacefully to the center of their bed.

despite being above the covers, her bare arms trail in goosebumps in her tshirt. and still, she breathes deeply in rest. finn couldn't help but let off a smile, he knew she hadn't been getting enough sleep lately, for she was always too uncomfortable.

quietly, he gets himself ready for bed. assuming that he would take care of violet once he was finally ready to settle in. he sets his things out for another long day at work the next day before he approaches back to the bed.

gently, he moves violets body up to pull the covers out from under her. covering her soap scented skin with the freshly cleaned blankets and moving her aside in order to have his own space on his side.

she had such lack of sleep that she hardly stirred through all the moving, and instead let off gentle groan to move her head into his shoulder.

he softly puts his fingers through her damp hair, and gets comfortable in attempts to sleep. it would be a relief for him, for he seemed to be doing something for violet almost every single night around two in the morning. he didn't mind, he never complained, but it was surely nice to have a break.

but the nights rest didnt seem to last long, for the moment the alarm radiates, he turns it off again in a groan to float back to rest.

five minutes later, however, his alarm goes off once more and hes forced to wake by the emptiness of the bed. he found it unusual, for its been awhile since he was the last to wake up.

he trails out of the bedroom in his pajamas; white t-shirt, flannel pants, hair a mess like it typically was. he rubs the sleep off his face with his hands as he approaches the living area to look for her.

to his right, there she sat. legs crossed on the kitchen bar stool, sat at the island with a cup in one hand and an old new york times in another. she wouldn't lie, she missed new york.

"hey" he approaches her, a kiss to her forehead.
"another long morning, huh?"

she nods with a shrug.

"i told you, you can wake me up when youre sick you know."

"didnt want to bother you, i know you came home late last night. i figured you could use the rest."

he frowns, walking to the other side of the kitchen as violet continues.

"anyway, i made you breakfast, its in the oven. coffees made in the pot."

"jesus" he chuckles; pulling out the plate from the warm oven.
"how long have you been up for?"

"a few hours." she brushes it off.

"its six?"

she nods,
"morning sickness decided to come a bit early today."

he thanks her, settling in a seat next to her with his breakfast placed in front of him. finns chin rests to her shoulder as he watches what she was looking at. he didnt see the significance of it, just something to pass the time.

"vi, ive been meaning to talk to you about something." he pulls away as she sets the paper down to look at him.

"what?"

"do you think we could start thinking of names now? now that we know its a girl."

"youre asking me?" she chuckles.

"last time i tried you scolded me."

her eyes roll in a tease, a smile to her lips.
"you have names in mind already then?"

"i do."

"let me hear them."

he turns his chair to her, giving out a list of names for violet to take in. she truthfully liked them all, and it surely made her forget about all the ones she had in mind.

they thought it'd be a long process, something they'd argue on for months until they'd finally settle over one romantic night where one would give into the other.

but it wasnt like that for finn and violet, for they settled on one almost instantly.

right in the center of their apartment kitchen.

1230 wc

~what are girl names you like? just curious.