³⁸

as evening approached, the two settle to call it quits and go out for dinner. they had stayed at the office longer than expected, and hardly noticed until violets stomach grumbled.

as promised, violet takes him out to her usual place. it was her favorite in starting her new life style.

as for finn, he wasnt into it as much.

"please don't tell me that you've been gone a month and you turned vegan."

"your bodys a temple, finn." she sarcastically states, staring over her menu.

his eyes wonder around at the plants hanging from the ceiling and violet cant help but smile at the loss in his expression.

"dont you go out and drink all the time?"

"rum is vegan, whiskey too."

"i hate you." he smiles to her in a tease, picking up his menu.
"alright then, since i know this fad is only going to last a month- whats good here."

"hey, ive lost weight, thanks for noticing by the way. and im not planning on stopping."

his eyes roll,
"right string bean, because you needed to lose weight."

"you know what? starve i dont care."

he laughs, taking her hand from across the table as he finally gets around to reading the menu. violet sets hers down, already prepared with her usual order.

her attention fixates on his hand, the gentleness of his thumb brushing circles to her soft skin. she was so in love with him, for absolutely no doubted reason.

"hmm i cant decide between salad or, salad." finn jokes, lifting his eyes up to meet the concentrated face for violet as she stares to the table. he misreads it as her being upset, and his smile falls.

"oh god, vi. i didnt actually offend you did i? im sorry baby i was just joking i swear. i think you going vegan is so cool-"

"finn you didnt." she chuckles, giving a gentle squeeze back to his hand.
"i was just, thinking. thats all."

"thinking is never good, you know."

she smiles a disregarding smile, holding his finger and dropping it gently to the table time and time again.

"get the salad and beans, you're looking a little thin."

"says you!" he fires back, causing her to laugh foolishly.
"i look great thank you."

she sighs into a permanent smile.
"you do look great."

he holds onto her, swearing that if he could control it he'd never let her go.

violet waits until they order their food, sipping on a metal straw waiting to ask.
"what do you want to do today? its only five, we still have all afternoon."

finn shrugs,
"youre the one that knows california."

"we'll go home and see if nick and maxine want to come out to dinner with us, something fancy."

finn agrees but truthfully, he just wanted to be alone with her. he felt as if not seeing her in over a month was too long for a nights worth of company.

that was the quickest weekend of his life, and would have to go another month without her.

with mediocrely full stomachs, the two go back to nicks house. it turns up empty, unusually.

violet hums in question, pulling out her phone from her back pocket to find a message from nick. she reads it, sighing over to finn who had made himself comfortable on the living room couch.

"i guess tonights plans wont be dinner with your brother."

"why?" he lays down, resting his head to violets lap as she sits.

"working late tonight." she sighs, running her fingers through his soft curly hair; springing back to place in an instant.

"we dont have to go anywhere you know, vi."

"do you not want to? i figured since you're never in california, you'd want to see some of the sights."

"maybe next time im here." his voice gives off a gentle raspiness, pulling violets lips down closer to him. he kisses her softly, smiling up to her wondrous eyes.
"right now i want to focus on you."

violet inspects his freckle dusted cheeks, contemplating if she was taking that entire moment the wrong way or not.

every now and again, she would feel the nervousness of a new couple between them. she hated that more than anything, knowing that they had been together long enough for all of that to disintegrate. so she takes the risk.

she nudges him off of her, standing with her hand out to grab his, although he doesn't. staring at it with confused eyes, eyebrows knitted together, nostrils lightly flared.

eventually, he gets the hint through her eyes, taking his hand in hers and allowing violet to pull him down the hall into her temporary bedroom.

"at least buy me dinner first" he jokes, closing the door behind him.

"what? you thought lunch was just a friendly favor?" she pushes his body gently to the wooden door.

he stares at her stunned. not used to the way she took control, or the way her hands pinned either side of his body to the door by his fingers, intertwined in hers.

"god i miss you." his voice leaks in a whisper, eyes attached to her lips that he craved.

she hums in agreement, pushing her lips on his as her hands travel up to tangle in his hair. finn grips onto her waist, holding ever so tightly, swearing that he wouldn't let go.

there were countless things he loved about violet cage.

not a single one of them amounted to the way she pushed him onto the bed, crawling on top of him to strip his tshirt from his body.

his fingers tickle up her sides beneath her silk-like tshirt, sending vibrant radiation from her fingertips to her toes. inspecting every inch of her from the angle he was at.

he admired the way the sun reflected her soft skin through the sheer white curtains, the way her weight felt on his hips and the sweet smell of camomile the vibrantly extracted from her. she was something unworldly, something so in place that she didn't seem real.

and she was his.

she was sure to staple her mark down his chest, lightly kissing his neck to drive him wild. wild to the point of his fingertips pressing down to her pale toned skin, and a gentle groan to escape his body.

instant serenity as the taste of her lips to his, the gentleness he typically obtained evaporated at the harshness of the contact of his kiss.

there was nothing truthfully stable about them, despite what they had hoped to put on a show for.

but they were sure of one thing in that,

violet wanted him, just as long as he wanted her.

1125 wc

-this is c r a p, sorry about it
- i got my license today WOOP sorry bye