²⁰

drugs were a mysterious thing.

a god awful thing in violets eyes.

and what a hypocrite she was, for she was an addict.

that night forward she was completely, utterly addicted to him.

and rather the same thing could be said for him. addicted, in love.

in love in berlin.

soon.

~*~

finns eyes flutter open at the vibration of his alarm clock. he shuts it off in hopes that it hadn't woken violet up. for he knew she always seemed cranky having to wake up to the forceful ringing.

he gets up from his blankets, stumbling through the dark to the kitchen; where he switches on the lights and begins to boil water.

it was what he had been doing for about a month now living with violet, waking up five minutes earlier than usual to wake her in warmth.

he pours the hot water into a coffee mug; dropping a cinnamon tea bag to the steaming contents. he hated cinnamon tea, it was violets favorite.

carefully, he walks back to the bedroom. pulling open the curtains to the sliding glass door, although it was no use. it was much too early for the sun to wake; leaving the outside air a heavy blue tone, just before sunrise.

he sits down to her side of the bed, taking her hand in a squeeze as if he had done it a million times before. he practically had.

softly, she awakes. sitting up in bed as she understands their morning routine by now. she takes the mug he hands over to her.

"thanks." her morning voice whispers, pressing his lips against hers gently.

"last day." he speaks, his own voice raspy from sleep.
"we'll be out of here in less than sixteen hours."

"i wish i could just go to work with you today." she groans, leaning against the wall the bed was pushed to.

"you get to boss around models all day, you have the best job in the world."

"it'd be better if i got to boss you around all day."

he sighs,
"i told you, i'll think about it after this tour."

"i swear i'll help you with your songs every night if you agree to model."

"bargaining with me now?" he hums, a smile tugging to his lips.

she sets down her mug to the bedside table, reaching over to hold finns hand with hers.
"just think about it."

she gets up, walking into their closet with finn behind her. they separate to their sides of the closet as they did most mornings; pulling out their clothes for the day.

finn still, after all these years, remained in jeans and band tshirts. violets attire being much more professional fitting for her job.

"im going to leave work an hour early so that i can come home and pack."

finn watches as she pulls her black jeans over the hips of her bare body. he sheds his own shirt.
"i told you, you should have started packing last weekend."

"i told you you should have packed last weekend." she mocks, heading out the hall to the bathroom as she fumbled with the buttons up her shirt.