The Return

I walk down the sparkling road, holding my thin coat closer as I feel the wind intensify against my skin

     I walk down the sparkling road, holding my thin coat closer as I feel the wind intensify against my skin. The bus that I had been previously riding stopped two stops ago and refused to take me farther.

I'm crazy for coming back.

I looked up slightly when I see a large sign.

'Welcome To Mystic Falls'

I sighed and kept walking feeling the burn in my legs. The further I got into town the more I realized just how much the place hadn't changed. The buildings were the same, the statues and laughter was the same.

I would've thought that time hadn't changed at all if it weren't for the trees being larger than last time and a knew shop being rebuilt.

Everyone was surrounded in the square. Unfortunately that meant my quiet entrance was soon to be cut short. The nerves began to set in as I pictured my pig tails friends waiting for me.

The last time I was here I was only a little girl.

Along with the laughter of others was the parade already in progress, a mystic falls tradition. I smile and walk up seeing the familiar faces on that very float.

I had originally came to mystic falls from a foster home in Memphis. They decided that having a elementary girl was too hard to handle with their own baby on the way.

When I got here I made friends with Caroline who immediately introduced me to the rest. Bonnie, Tyler, Matt, Elena and I all became fast friends. I had always been closest to Elena and Matt.

Finally as I got closer my eyes landed on my favorite familiar face.

Elena..

"LENA!!!" I screamed over the cheers. Her face froze and she instantly turned in my direction.

"KIKI!!!!" She excitedly waved to me and blew kisses. I giggled and watched at her in admiration.

"Look who came back from the dead." I heard behind me and somehow my smile brightens.

"Bon-Bon!!" I squealed. We embraced each other in a tight hug.

"I haven't seen you since you were in pigtails." She said. I chuckled and we pulled together for another hug.

"I've missed you guys." I said referring to all of them.

She smiled and watched my face, inevitably scanning for the sharper features and fresh scars that lined my face.

"Where are the floats stopping? I'll meet with the others." Bonnie chucked and pointed towards the end of the road, bidding me a goodbye before allowing me to walk towards the group.

The first I saw was Elena.

As soon as our eyes met she giggled and rushes to me and practically tackled me in a hug. Her hair was longer and her cheeks were thinner with age, but still beautiful.