Care-Bear Birthday.

Edited: Elena, Bonnie, Matt and I were currently hiding in Caroline's house waiting for her to come back

Edited:
Elena, Bonnie, Matt and I were currently hiding in Caroline's house waiting for her to come back.

When she walked in we jumped out and yelled surprise.

"Happy Birthday!" I squeal.

"What are you guys going here?" She asked walking towards us.

"Well, you decided not to come to school so you missed our birthday art." I pointed out.

"Change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls. S'mores, campfire-"

"Cake. Like when we were little." Elena said.

"Except with Tequila." Matt sang. I laughed.

"Ah, thanks, guys, really. I'm just not feeling my birthday this year."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year." Bonnie finishes.

"Yeah. And now it's just a reminder that I'm technically dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. The only point to get to 17 was to get to 18. It's a filler year, and I'm stuck in a filler year." She said.

"You're not stuck, Caroline." Elena said.

"Yeah I am. But that's okay. You know; it's okay. I'll be fine. But, I just need some time to wallow in it." Caroline said.

We nodded.

"Okay, well I think I have another idea." I said.

....

We walk into the building In the cemetery and I shiver.

"This is creepy. Even for us." Bonnie said.

"No. Caroline is right. Technically, she's dead. Sorry, but you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral." I said.

"You need to say good-bye to your old life, so that you can move on with your real one." I finish.

She laughs.

"Okay. Here lies Caroline Forbes."

"Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion-"

"I was so pissed. I had the winner spot in the bag." I added. Caroline laughed.

"Friend, Daughter, overachiever.." Bonnie added.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense."

"Personal nurse, shrink and teddy bear stitcher. And a badass." I said. Her lip quivered and she grabbed my hand.

"She was 17 and she had a really good life. So Rest In Peace so that you could move forward. Thats what you really need." Elena said. She brought up the cake.

"Ahem. Or cheers or whatever."

Bonnie lit the candles and we all laughed and smiled.

"Okay, make a wish." I said. She smiled and closed her eyes before blowing the candles out.