The Truth In It All

Edited:

I step onto the wooden floor carefully. It's cold surface touching my bare feet. My cloths had changed from what I had originally.

The voices from a different room caused me to get closer. One hand on my stomach, hoping I don't forget about the dream I had previously.

As I walked into the study, I saw Haley at the computer desk, and Elijah holding Marcel by the throat against the wall.

I smiled and leaned against the doorframe.

"I'm gone for a day and you're already about to kill someone?" I asked aloud. Elijah dropped Marcel immediately and ran to pull me in a hug.

I chuckled and began hugging the other two as well.

"I thought you were greatly injured. You wouldn't wake, I was so scared." Elijah said with a frown.

"It was Genevieve. She's got Rebekah and Klaus in the old hospital..." I said.

"Yeah, Marcel just told us.." Haley said.

"Did he also tell you that she's currently showing Klaus about the events from that night?" I asked. Marcel's eyes widened and he began to pace.

"We're now in the light about that night." Elijah added.

"When Niklaus finds out the truth there will be no end to his wrath, and I will not let my sister endure that wrath." Elijah says with a clenched jaw.

"Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth.." Marcel says. We all look between each other and nod.

....

After they came back from the old hospital, I was informed that not only had Klaus been trying to kill Bekah but that she had run with Marcel, Elijah stabbed Klaus, and Haley was now missing.

Now, I was on babysitter duty to help Klaus heal. For the first couple minutes it was silent. We were both too afraid to talk.

I was twiddling my fingers nervously in my lap. Cami's blood in a bag to give to him every so often.

"I saw our daughter in a dream." I said. I saw from the corner of my eye that he was looking at me but I didn't look up.

"What did she look like?" He asked hopefully.

"She is beautiful. It only grows as she ages. She has your eyes, your nose, my smile." I chuckle as I remember her.

"And her name is Hope." This makes me look up at him. His lips slowly pull themselves in a smile.

"Hope.." he said, giving the name a lovely ring with his accent. Then I remember the bad parts of the dream.

"Nik..." I call. He looks at me again.

"If something ever happens to me, I want you to mourn quickly and move on just as fast. I don't want you to linger." He sits up and makes his way to sit in the edge of the bed in front of me.

"Are you sick, love?" He asked. I only shook my head.

"After the coma, the incident with Davina, Tyler..it's just been a lot of close calls. I just want to make that all clear with you." I informed.

He grabbed my hands and placed them at his chest with a frown. It was beating a million times per minute it seemed like.

"Do you feel that? How fast you make my heart beat, the chill you send down my spine, the light you bring to my face. That's how much I love you, Aurora. I refuse to live without the only person who makes me feel like this...who makes me feel human, and not like a monster." I felt the tears well in my eyes.

"You have to. For our daughter. For Hope. I refuse to let her grow up without both parents. She needs at least one of us to love her unconditionally and without the sense of being a burden. Not only will she be a hybrid, but she'll be a with and a shapeshifter. She'll be extremely powerful. She needs someone who can teach her how to be good. Hope needs her Mikealson family. Together, not constantly fighting." He lets out of huff and drops my hands.

"That's what this is about? Trying to get me to be merciful towards Rebekah? You would use our only daughter as a trigger to-"

"Hope told me I'm going to die, Niklaus...soon by the way." I blurt, standing up angrily. His face drops and I see fear in his eyes.

He stands slowly and walks over toward the window and just stands there, looking outside. I walk over to him slowly. Just in time to see him fall to his knees. I knelt beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He sniffles and brings me in a hug, placing his head on my stomach. I felt his hand on my stomach and I felt him shake.

"Why must you take away the only love I've ever had?" He asked her.

"It's not her fault, Nik." I said to him.

"Don't hurt Rebekah. She's the only family you have, the only one of your flesh and blood to love you..don't break that bond." I beg.

"You're my flesh and blood too." He said.

"But I'm not always going to be here. When Hope is born I want her to be brought into a family who loves her like we do. A filled family, with no fear of being harmed by another." He only hugged me tighter.

"I love you, Rory."