Snowball Fight

Edited:

"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba west Africa call them Aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they call them hexa, and here we call them which." Elijah began.

I was sitting on a couch with Haley as we tried to figure out why Davina would possibly draw my fathers ex lover.

"Over the centuries vampires have fought them and fought with them, bedded and burned them. Weather adversary or ally they've been a forced to be reckoned with. Their ancestry magic anchors the city. There's never been one all powerful witch until Davina." He finished.

Haley and I exchanged nervous glances.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus said waking in. He leaned over and kissed the top of my head before standing by Elijah.

He looked down at the portrait.

"Your Celeste was quite beautiful, and a potent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Maybe she has mistaken evil..for power. Celeste was certainly powerful in her day. But she's been dead for over 200 years I don't understand..why these sketches now?"

"Why does any witch do anything." Klaus sits beside me and rests a hand on my stomach.

"A relative is in town maybe?" I suggest. Elijah only shook his head.

"The family line died after she did. It's not possible."

We heard a crash from above.

"Well, that's not going well." Klaus says sarcastically.

"If you were looking to win the girls trust maybe poisoning her one true love wasn't the best option." Elijah says.

"Anymore inopportune deaths you'd like the bring up?"

"Give me a month. I'll work on a list." I rolled my eyes at the boys bickering.

Another crash was heard.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witch's are a pain in the ass." He says. Than he leaves.

"How do you know Davina?" Elijah asks. I turn to him in confusion.

"She talked to you like she knew you the other night..same as marcel..."

"When nobody wanted me anymore and I was in the foster system for 15 years I decided it was a good idea to travel. So I went to every state, worked every job, slept in every area, met all kinds of friends. I know some people that would kill for me. Marcel and Davina just happen to be one of them." I explained with a shrug.

Just as I said, Marcel came in. He was sweating and had a worried look on his face.

"Rory? It's Davina..." My stomach drops and I rush up to her room with him.

"She's sick. I-I didn't know what to do she j-just-"

"Marcel. She's gonna be fine. Trust me." I walk into her room slowly and see her laying down, sweat beads dripping down her forehead and I frowned.

Rebekah saw me and stood up.

"Can I gave a moment with her alone?" I ask. She gives me a sad look and nodded.

I walk over and sit in the seat beside her. She groans and moves her head in my direction.

I smile and grab her hand.

"Hey, kiddo." She sniffles and squeezes my hand back.

"Remember when you saw snow for the first time?" She asked. I laughed at the memory.

"Yeah.."

//:

"Wake up! Rory wake up hurry!!" Davina said bouncing on my bed. I groaned and wiped my eyes.

"Hurry it's snowing!" She giggled. I shot up in my bed and ran to the nearest window, and gasped.

"B-but it never snows!" I squealed. She shrugged.

"I may have pushed it along." Surely enough when I looked back outside the snowfall had only been in our yard.

I quickly ran out with her on my tail as we jumped in the snow.

"Girls? What are you-" Marcel stops when he see us playing the snow.

We giggled and held a ball of snow in our hands looking at him mischievously. He tried to back away but we were quicker and threw it at him.

He yelled out and ran towards us taking us down in a tackle. We both squealed with laughter and had ourselves a snowball fight.

Passing neighbors stared at us with confusion as we were the only family, the only house in the town, having a snowball fight in July.

//:

"I'm sorry." She says finally. I tilt my head in confusion.

"For hurting you. And Klaus. I just-"

"Davina. He hurt you. He's a jerk. That's Klaus." I said with a laugh. She chuckled with me.

"But he's my jerk, and I love him."