The Duke Trip

"I hate you!" I laughed, leaning into the couch as I did

"I hate you!" I laughed, leaning into the couch as I did. Jeremy chuckled slightly beside me and nudged me again, causing me to lose.

"Jer!" I squealed, moving away once again.

"Alright, I'm going to the store. You two need anything?" I heard Jenna say beside me.

"I'm okay, thank you." I said, moving away before Jeremy could push me again.

"Get her a SpongeBob ice cream." Jeremy said quickly. I sent the boy a look and when I did I died, causing me to groan and Jeremy to cheer.

"Where the hell am I going to find that?" Jenna asked, getting in front of the screen.

"Frozen isle 2, section 13, shelf...two, no, three." Jeremy said. Jenna and I shared a look before she laughed and walked out of the room.

"How did you know that?" I asked, leaning my head against the back of the couch again. Jeremy did the same, looking at me.

"I used to get them for you all the time when we were kids." He shrugged, looking down at the couch before furrowing his eyebrows.

"What's that?" Jeremy asked, pointing to the scarred bite mark on my wrist.

"Uh, dog bite." I chuckled, covering up my sleeve. Jeremy didn't pressed any further. He simply moved the sleeve back up and ran his fingers along the charred edges.

My eyes looked back up at him as he stared at the scar.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

'Elena😽'

Jeremy sighed and pulled away, looking at the ceiling.

"Yes?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to Duke with Damon, Alaric and I." She asked.

I thought about it for a second.

"When would be picking me up?" I asked, getting cut off as Jeremy ticked my side, causing me to giggle.

I smacked his arm and he laughed.

"I'm about 15 minutes?" She replied.

"Okay. See you than." I said. She thanked me and I hung up.

"Duty calls." I hummed.

...

The drive to duke was certainly a...awkward one. Damon and Elena fought most of the time while Alaric and I shared looks in the rear view mirror that cried "you kill her, I'll kill him and it'll be quiet".