New Friends.

My phone rings at 12:03 at night

My phone rings at 12:03 at night. I'm sitting next to Klaus in the car when I answer.

"City morgue." I answer.

"Hello, Kiera." The voice says. I squeal which makes Klaus jump.

"Katherine! How are you!" I say. She chuckles and I see Klaus glaring at me. He holds his hand out for the phone but I smack it away.

"She's my only friend, Nik." I tell him.

"I've been good. Killing a few here and there, not a big deal. How's living with the hybrid and your sisters ex boyfriend." She asked. I scoffed playfully.

"It's not that bad." I say as if the boys weren't in the same car as me.

"I miss shopping and killing with you." She groans.

"Me too. Maybe someday in the near eternity I'll get Klaus to loosen up on you and we can hang out." I said. Klaus only shakes his head.

"Never gonna happen." She laughed.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You never know." I tease. He clenches his jaw and I make eye contact with Stefan in the mirror and he holds back a smile.

"I have to go. Just wanted to check up on my favorite girlfriend. I have other people to call. Love you!" She says before hanging up.

I smile and put my phone away.

"You've got to get new friends, love." He laughed. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I am only friends with badasses. That's why me and Stefan here are so tight." I joke. Stefan chuckles.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says.

We step out into the warehouse.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the old ripper days." Klaus said.

"Blocked our most of them. Lot of blood. Lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well That is a crying shame. The details are what make a legend."

"Chicago was magical."

"Yeah well I'll take you word for it."

I walked in the car and sat patiently until both boys got in. Stefan held a worried look on his face but I simply ignored it. I assumed it was something Klaus said. That's what it usually is.

"Where are we going, Nik?" I asked.

"To go see my favorite witch of course."

....

We walk in and I smile at the bar.

"It's beautiful." I say.

"Why thank you." I heard from the other side of the bar.

" so, a hybrid walks in to Bar and says the bartender-"

"Stop. You may be invincible. But that doesn't make you funny." She says with a light smile playing on her lips.

I laugh.

"So Klaus, is this your newest toy?" She asks. Before he could reply she grabbed my hand. She chuckled and let it go.

"No. She's your shapeshifter. Got a bit of an attitude doesn't she. Mmhm. She's a Klaus 2.0, I'll tell you that." She laughs. Klaus smiles proudly and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Why don't you and Stefan go make some drinks, love." He whispers against my head. I nod and walk off but she grabs my wrist and whispers lowly.

"Don't drink any of the alcohol, baby. It's not good for someone in your upcoming condition." She says. I nod, confused and make my way over to the bar.

There I begin making martinis.

She must have meant than Its laced with vervain or wolfsbane.

...

I walk behind Klaus and Stefan as they argue over and over again. I sigh and walk ahead. I'm met with a circle of coffins. But there is only one the intrigues me.

I walk over to it and rub my hand slightly across its front.

"Nik? Who's coffin is this?" I ask.

"My younger brother Kol." He says. I hum.

"Can I open it?" I ask again. He sighs and brings me over to him gently.

"No, love. Wrong sibling. We're waking up my beloved sister." He says.

"I don't recognize her." Stefan says.

"Well don't tell her that. Her tempers worse than mine." He pulls out the dagger.

"You'll love her, Kiera." Klaus says sweetly.

"Stay here with her. When she wakes up tell her where to meet us." He told me. I nodded and they left.

I waited for what seemed to be an hour and decided that since Klaus wasn't here he couldn't tell me not to look into Kol's coffin.

So I walk up to the polished coffin with hesitation. My heart was pounding and I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

It was a feeling I was yet to experience this feeling before and i could admit...I loved it. My hand slowly inched towards the handle on the door.

"Excuse me?" I heard behind me. I jumped and turned around to see Rebekah behind me.

"Who are you?" She demanded.

"I'm Kiera. You must be Rebekah." I said. She nodded.

"Secretly guard is your snack. He's over there." I pointed. She nodded a quick thanks to me before shoving her fangs into his neck.

Than when she was done she turned to me.

"Are you my brothers girlfriend or something." She asked wiping her mouth.

"Or something." I answered. She smiled.

"You need clothes?" I asked. She looked down at my clothes to examine them.

"Yeah. How long have I been gone?" She asked.

"About 90 some years." I answer. We walk into the car and I reach in and hand her a couple blood bags along with some cloths.

"Thanks." She smiled again.

"Why are you be nice to me?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"I guess I'm tired of being the only girl. It gets lonely." I smiled. Her face seemed to light up.

"YOU want to be MY friend?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded.

She giggled and linked her arms with mine.

"Let's go, bestie." she said. I let her get changed and we waited for Klaus.