Blue isn't your color

Edited:

I sat on the bed I shared with Nik, the drawing of Kol in my hands.

"Don't be scared, love. What's life without a little thrill, huh?"

I heard footsteps approaching but I chose to continue looking. I knew it was Nik from the way he sighed.

"I miss him." I tell him. He walks over and sits at the edge of my bed.

"I understand that you truly loved my brother, he was your first love. I'm sorry it was my fault he died." He said. I only shook my head.

"No." I said with a laugh. "His temper, a shared quality all Mikealsons have, got him killed. Elena got him killed. Never you." I said with a sniffle.

Klaus looked down in sorrow.

"I just wish he could be here to see our baby. To teach her how to be mischievous. To see what you all have accomplished. To be with me." Klaus wiped a tear off my face and took my hand.

I looked up when I felt it placed in his face.

"I'm sorry. If I knew a way to bring him back I would."

"Even if It meant losing me?" I teased. But, he kept a serious face.

"Of course. I'd do anything for you." I smiled and leaned in the kiss him passionately. I pulled away when I felt the baby kick.

"She's kicking." I said with a smile. Klaus looked amazed and then to me.

"Can I?"

"Of course, Nik." He placed his hands lovingly in my stomach and sigh with happiness when he felt her kicks.

He leaned down and kissed my stomach.

"I can't wait to meet you, Hope...my little girl..I will never let anything bad happen to you. Ever." He swore. I chuckled and kissed the top of his head.

...

"I don't understand this. It just looks like scribbles." I said to Cami. She chuckled and flashed her book.

"Each..scribble..as you would like to call it, represents a letter or a group of letters. I should have it translated in no time." She said.

We noticed a bunch of guys in suits ordering customers out of the restaurant and we have each other a look.

We saw the women that's been trying to get the key from Cami walk in.

"Jerk alert." I sing song. The lady hears me and rolls her eyes.

"What are you, 12?" She asked. She got in Cami's face but I got in between them with a growl from my chest.

"No..I'm homicidal." She chuckles in amusement.

"I tried to be nice about this." The women said.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Cami sassed.

"I am the new one owner of this gumbo shack. Ink is not dry on the contract yet, but I can tell you, I got if cheap. Business is not what are used to be since Sophie Deveraux kick the bucket."

"Look. We don't want any trouble-"

"I don't really care what you want. Let's talk about what I want."

"Right. My uncle's key. You said you were going to use it to protect the innocence of the city seems pretty ironic, given your line of work."

"I'm a legitimate business woman who's never been convicted of a crime and, as a leader of the human faction, that key is mine."

"The key doesn't belong to anyone beside the O'Donnell line." I said, butting in.

"Ah yes, and..do you see any of them anywhere?" She asked with a gesture.

"Your eyesight seems to be screwed up, along with your ego, I'm sure a good ass whoop in' will fix that right up."

"What are you gonna do? Lactate on me?" I charged for her but Cami held me back.

"I gave you time to mourn. Now time is up."

"Message received. Let me just go find that key that I don't have."

"My family's been in New Orleans for a long time, Cami, even longer than yours,, and we've learned it's a very hard city to get by if you don't have any friends. I'd like to be your friend. So I'm gonna give you until tomorrow, and after that, I won't be as friendly."

She walks away and I scoff.

"Blue isn't your color by the way." When they fully left I turned to Cami.

"Are you alright?" I asked. She nodded.

"We should get this code figured out quick."

...

Cami and I found out about an old house with a room Father K had kept for himself, the owner stayed he didn't ask questions which mean let it had to mean something.

I leaned against the wall as she searched around the room. My eyes landed on a door casually at the end of the room.

"Cams.." I call. I walk over to it and open it slowly, she sighed at the sight of coats.

"Being around psychopaths for almost a year, you learn a few things." I said before moving the clothes. Slowly, I placed my hands on the piece of wood and moved it to the side.

"Holy shit." She says. We walk in and see a bunch of files, and pictures and old trinkets in a huge room hidden in the wall.

We both looked around the room curiously, at the same time we seemed to find a box that held our interest.

"For Cami." She read.

"The videos tapes of the Piers." We both gulped and grabbed the boxes. Just as I did I heard my phone ring.

I saw who was calling and murmured a curse.

"Yes, Hello, father of the break dancing child I hold in my womb."

"It's time to come home. Two of Haley's pack were just tortured and we were almost blown up. I'm worried of who else they might go after. Do me a favor and listen just this once.." He said seriously. I gulped. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at Cami.

"Can I leave you here? If I do, please don't move from this building, no matter what." She tilts her head in confusion but slowly nods.

I rush to her and pull her into a hug. She was taken back but hugged back nonetheless.

"Thank you for being my friend, Camille."

"Uh, you're welcome?" I had a bad feeling about this but, I knew if I told her she'd want to try and help. So, I left her in the dark.

I picked up the phone and took my box before rushing out of the house.

"On my way home."

"Be careful. I love you, Aurora."

"I love you, Niklaus."