Who let the Dogs Out

Edited:

My screams echo through the quarter as I see the sight before me. I see a body, lying at my feet. I turn my head and Klaus grabs me quickly.

Elijah and Marcel follow. When Klaus sees the sight before me he pushes me behind him. It was odd, I wasn't usually easily frightened, it must be the weather.

We all watch as Elijah examines the body carefully.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass, a pipe perhaps?" Klaus says sarcastically.

"You have a theory that you'd like to share with us, Niklaus." He asks.

"Back in the day, if a witch wanted to leave a threat, they'd kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel added.

"Well, it's a very big chicken.." I reply.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he were supposed to be there prizefighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard." Klaus asked. Our heads turned as Rebekah walked in.

"Well, don't you all look cheery. Listen to this, a girl literally exploded from the grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux." My eyes widened and Marcel and I shared a hopeful glance.

"What." Klaus asked.

"The tourist thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind a bloody miracle." She said.

"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly harvest girls resurrected. This is how we're going to get Davina back. Kill the witch who took her place." Marcel added.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be." We saw Haley behind us, she held a large drawing for us to see.

"Celeste. Haley, you're a genius. Davina was trying to tell us. She was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." I inform.

"First, papa Tunde returns to settle old stories. Now your murdered lovers back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us."

...

"I really want this all to go well.." Haley said as we set up cloths for her family. Elijah and Klaus thought that it would be best for me to go to the plantation, Haley, offered her services and in return I offered the plantation as a little get together for her family.

"Trust me. It will.." I assured. I walked into the kitchen to wait for the guests and watched as Bekah made food.

"So help me god, Marcel, is you don't call me back with an update I'll kill you myself." She said before hanging up.

"Still trying to figure out what happened with that one witch?" I asked as I sat on the counter.

"Unfortunately. Bloody witch should've stayed dead, I say." I rolled my eyes with a chuckle as a man walked in.

I jumped and immediately covered my eyes.

"I-I'm gonna go.." I said.

I walked into another room and began passing out drinks with Haley.

"You're family looks fun." I said with a laugh. She smiles lovingly and nods. She informs me she needs to go inside for something and leaves me hanging off drinks alone.

Bekah and the man from before, Oliver, walk over.

"Enjoying the party?" Oliver asks. I only shrug. I hear a ringing in my ears and close my eyes from the sudden pain in my head.

"Aurora? Are you feeling alright? Is it the baby?" Bekah asks as she grabs my arm gently. I felt a sudden pain in my chest and groaned. Oliver grabbed my other side.

The pain in my chest grew as my cries of pain did the same. Finally, it was too much and I let out a scream. It wasn't loud enough to catch everyone's attention but it was loud.

I looked down at my chest and saw blood bleeding through my shirt. Oliver and Rebekah led me into the house and on the nearest couch.

A rag was thrown into my mouth, just in time for another wail of pain to leave my lips. I twisted on the couch and Rebekah had to hold me down.

"What's wrong with her?" Oliver asks. Rebekah had grabbed another rag and water and was gently dabbing my head.

"It's my brother.. he's hurt." Another woman came in and whispered to Rebekah that her and Oliver were needed in the woods, someone had gotten hurt.

"I'm not leaving you." Rebekah said to me. I smiled weakly and waved her off.

"If someone else is in danger, go help them. Klaus never dies. I'll be fine." She kissed my forehead and rushed off.

The woman smiled warmly and began patting my head.

"A shame for you, really." It went black.

I felt arms pick me up quickly.

"Rory? What happened to you. You need to wake up." Haley said with panic. I tried to keep my eyes open but only saw bits and pieces.

What I did know what that the house was on fire. A man was trying to break the glass but the flames for higher.

Haley put a cloth to my mouth and told me to breathe through it. We sat on the floor as there was nothing we could do.

But, the pain in my chest was only getting worse with the cough.

Glass shattering beside us made my head turn. It was Elijah. He was quick to pick me up.

"Dad.." He rushed out of the house and laid me on the ground. My vision was blurring again. Elijah grabbed the side of my face and shook it lightly.

"Rory? What's wrong?"

"Get...Haley..." That's when it all went black