The Final Countdown

I groaned and opened my eyes, stretching. When I looked outside I got confused but quickly remembered where we were.

I sighed and got out. My stomach rumbled and I sighed.

I walked around to look at my surroundings.

"My high school? Wha-" I saw Stefan lying on the ground with a crowbar in his stomach.

"Oh my god! Stefan!" I yelled. I rushed over and pulled it out of him.

After a couple minutes he wakes up with a gasp.

"Kiki?" He questions. I nod.

He jumps up and grabs my hand.

"We have to go find Elena." He said. I nodded and jogged with him into our old school.

Finally we heard voices from the gym.

When we walk in we see Elena, Klaus, and two other people.

"Stefan. Kiera." She fretted standing up. I smile and walked over to her, grabbing her in a hug.

"I know what you did back on my party." She said. I let out a quiet sob and clung to her tighter.

"Klaus." I heard Stefan say,

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" He asked.

"I came to ask for your forgiveness, and pledge my loyalty."

When I looked at Klaus he seemed broken. The man he wanted to be his best friend had just betrayed him.

"Well, you already broke that pledge once."

"Elena means nothing to me anymore, and whatever you ask of me, I will do." Stefan said.

"Fair enough. Let's drink on it." Klaus said walking towards us. I stood in front of Elena and pushed her back slightly.

"Kill them." Stefan didn't move. "What are you waiting for? Kill them." Klaus said again.

"No. Stefan Don't. He's not gonna hurt me. He already said—"

Klaus pushed me out of the way smacked Elena so hard she spun.

"Elena!" I yelled. I ran over to her and checked her cheek that was beat red.

"She means nothing to you?! The lies just keep piling up." Klaus yelled after Stefan charged at him.

"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want. You have my word!" Stefan grunted,

"Your word doesn't mean much. I've been living by your world all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this. Stop. Fighting." He compelled.

I turned to Elena and checked her cheek again.

"I'm so sorry." I cried. "I could've stopped him. I'm so sorry." I felt my lip quiver and the tears roll. She shook her head and grabbed me in a hug.

"Stefan no!" Elena says. I turn just in time to see Stefan Kill Dana.

"Stefan!" I yelled and tried to stop him but felt Klaus grab me by my waist. I panicked and pushed him away.

Than Stefan kills the boy.

Klaus grunts And cracks his back before whispering something to Elena.

"I'll let that slide, my love." He told me.

"Where is it?" I heard Rebekah say. I turned around to see her storming in.

"She has my necklace!" I walk over slowly beside Elena.

"Well, well. More lies" Klaus says staring at the screen.

"Where is it?"

"I don't have it anymore." Elena said.

"You're lying!" Rebekah yelled.

"Rebekah." I warned.

She ran over to Elena but I pushed her back, so Rebekah grabbed me and bit into my neck.

I let out a yelp and fell to the floor. Without thinking I placed a hand on my neck.

"That's enough!" Klaus yelled.

"Make her tell me where it is, Nik." Rebekah yelled back.

"Where's the necklace sweetheart. Be honest." Klaus muttered.

Rebekah looked at me while I was holding my neck and I groaned.

Instead of trying to get back up I laid down looking up at the top of the gym. I was to tired to care anymore.

Rebekah came over and picked me up, throwing my arm over her neck.

"Let's go." She said. Right as we got to the doors she spoke.

"I'm sorry I bit you."

I chuckled.

"Never thought I'd ever hear that sentence but it's okay." She laughed and I turned.

"Matt?" I muttered. He was walking through the hallway holding something.

"Hey. I'll meet you. Im gonna check on something." I said. She nodded and I walked in the direction Matt went.

I heard a splash in the distance and I felt my heart drop.

"Matt?!" I yelled. I ran off into the hallways.

"God damnit where's the pool?" I ask. Finally I saw light reflection off the pool on the wall and I ran in.

I saw Matt at the bottom, not moving. I didn't hesitate before I jumped in.

The water was cold and I stung my eyes but I ignored it, ripping the belt off of him and dragging him up.

When I reached the top I coughed wildly.

I put him on the pavement I placed my ear near his mouth and groaned when I couldn't hear him breathing.

I started pumping his chest but nothing.

Bonnie ran in and looked at us before running over.

"I-I didn't do it. He was like this." I cried pumping his chest.

"It's okay. We'll talk when he wakes up." She said. I sniffled and nodded.

"Come on, Matty. Please don't do this. I need you. I'll die without you." I cried while continuing to pump his chest.

Finally he started to cough up water and I sat back sighing.

"Wow. Screw you, Matt. Scared the shit out of me." I laughed. He turned to me and looked at me for a second before realizing who I was and tackling me in a hug.