The Last Day

When I get back to the Salvatore Boarding house I set my keys on the counter and rub my back

I hear shouts and screams from upstairs.

"Why can't we just be normal..." I mutter. I speed up stairs in time to see Stefan pinned against the cupboard by Damon.

I growl and rush over to them. Using as much strength as I could muster I pulled them apart and stood in between.

"Pueri! Quae est infernum facitis vos putatis quia inaniter! An duodecim ?!" I shout.

(Boys! What the hell do you think you're doing! Are you twelve?!)

Both boys look at me in shock before Damon uses this opportunity to rush over and pull a stake from the bed.

Stefan sees it just in time and turns us around and I see the pain in his eyes before he drops to the ground.

"Shhh. I'll take it away" I whisper. He shakes his head but it's already to late.

I focus on my emotions and wish for his pain like I did Tyler and soon I heard Stefan's groan fade and mine start.

I look down to my stomach to see bloody starting to cover my shirt. I give a shocked look to Elena who's holding Stefan.

"That's wasn't supposed to happen." I Manage before falling onto my back.

I start to shiver and breathe loudly.

Jenna rushes over and holds me.

"J-Jenna I'm scared." I whisper. She placed her hand on the side of my face.

"We'll get you all healed up. You'll be okay." She reassures but I shake my head.

"No. I don't wanna be Klaus's bitch. I don't want to leave this family after the curse. I won't be able to be loyal to you." I Cry. She sighs and flattens my hair.

"Yes you can. Fight it. You're your own person." She says. I hear Stefan feed on some blood and I sigh in relief.

"I feel so much better." I laugh. I sit up and lift my shirt, checking the wound.

"All good here, chief." I say. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"What?"

"Stop taking my pain. You'll die. You aren't immortal. I can handle a little wound." He scolds. I scoff.

"It's not like I can help it sometimes. When I took Tyler's pain, do you know how many times I tried to give it back? It sounds selfish but I tried six times, every single time didn't work." I say angrily. I walk over to him and get in his face.

"Because no matter how much pain I endured, I remembered that I'd rather it be me than Tyler. I'd rather myself suffer than than you all. So please, If you know a way to stop it, let me know. Until than. Shut. The. Hell. Up." I growl.

His lips twitch, suppressing a smile.

"Yes ma'am." He says. I roll my eyes playfully.

Than he turns to the beside us.

"Thank you. Both of you."

"Yeah well, we'll be downstairs." Ric said. Obviously sensing Elena and Stefan needed a moment.

"I'm gonna go take a nap. I've had a rough day."

I go to walk out but Stefan's voice stopped me.

"Kiki. How did you speak Latin back there?" He asked. I turn with confusion.

"I don't know...I was just thinking about...someone right before. I guess I acquired their ability to speak Latin." I guess.

Stefan nods suspiciously.

I walk out and into my own room to nap.

...

I wake up in a shiver. I'm wearing my leggings and shirt from the grill. I must've fallen asleep in them.

My legs threw themselves over the bed and onto the cold wood floor.

"I need some air." I mutter.

The forest. Go there.

I nodded to myself and walked through the house in a daze.

I heard voices from downstairs and when I got closer I saw Stefan and Alaric.

Don't let them see you. Just go.

I turned around without thinking about it. I was still in my confused state when I walked outside barefoot.

It's so pretty out. Isn't it pretty? Doesn't it just want to make you go deeper in the forest.

(Said every basic scary movie ever)

I smiled, I felt like I was on some sort of drug. My brain was all fuzzy and I felt all warm inside.

The farther into the woods I went to the warmer the feeling got.

I held my arms up, them feeling weightless.

Just a little further, you're almost there.

I smiled. It had been the realist smile I've had in a while, and I liked it.

I hear voices and I giggled, skipping the rest of the way.

I see fire and walk further.

As I get closer I finally see a clearing and figures surrounded by fire.

"Jenna? Elena?" I asked. They looked towards me in fear.

"Kiera?! What are you doing here? Run! Go get help!" Elena shouted.

"I had a feeling to come here." I said going closer and turning around to look at my surroundings.

"She's under a spell." A woman said.

I walk over to the witch and stare at her in awe.

"No she's not! She can't be." Elena yelled.

I grabbed a piece of the woman's hair and giggled.

"You're so pretty." I gushed.

"Never mind." I heard Elena mutter.

"Sit down. Cris cross, applesauce." The woman said. I nodded and did as told.

Watching the two girls with a smile.