Party On Man

Edited:

"I hate parties." I said to Katherine as we stood by the bar. She chuckled and pointed to my stomach.

"What is it?" I laughed at her attempt of putting on her face and I brought her hand to my stomach. When I did so her eyes widened but she didn't pull away.

"It's a girl. Her name is Hope." I smiled. I saw Katherines lips twist into a smile as well and rub my belly.

"You're lucky. You're going to have a daughter, with a man that would kill anyone who even looked at you wrong..she's going to have a good life." She said, I saw the sadness flash in her eyes.

"She loves you, Katerina. Nadia loves you. Even if it doesn't seem like it. You're the only family she has." I assured. She gave me a thankful smile. I was about to say something but Stefan stumbling towards the door stopped me.

I quickly followed him and watched as he leaned against a dumpster for support.

"Stefan..Stefan listen to me. You're going to be okay. Just-" He quickly grabbed my neck forcefully, stopping airflow into my lungs.

"I can't do that!" He says angrily.

"You can't run from your problems. Not now. You ran from me once, don't make the same mistake again." I chocked out. He clocked his eyes, trying to erase the image from his mind.

"Stefan...Tell me your favorite memory with me. Say it!"

"The...the day we met..." he said slowly.

"Describe it.."

"We were at the book store..you were getting a kids book.."

I leaned against the bookshelf, reading through the pages of the children's book, smiling at the pictures.

"I don't suppose you'd be able to sit down and read that book?" I heard from beside me. I rolled my eyes and looked over.

My eyes widened at the very beauty of this man in front of me. His dirty blonde hair shining in the sunlight, and a perfectly beautiful pair of green eyes to compliment it.

"Why should I?" I ask raising my eyebrow to him. He smiles and leans in closer to me.

"You're blocking the rest of the books." He said. I scoffed and moved away for him to grab a book.

"Aren't you a little old for children's books? What are you 14?" I raised my eyebrows at him and gave him a middle finger.

"I'm 16..and why I read children's books is non of your concern Mr. Smolder Man." He laughed and leaned his arm beside me on the shelf.

"That's a new one...but seriously, why?" He asked again. I sighed and turned the book over in my hands.

"Peter Pan..my favorite. It reminds me that I don't have to grow up if I don't want to. I can have adventures and meet new people my entire life if I want to. I also like the happy ending, the family reuniting together again and being happy." I said.

"So it's not because you're attracted to Peter?" We both laughed at this again. After a few conversations and laughter that ended in tears we ended up having to run from the librarian, hand in hand as we hid behind the wall, still laughing.

Stefan's breathing started to slow down and he quickly let go of my neck.

"I'm sorry.." he said. I felt my sore neck in my hands and I shook my head.

"No worries. You're here Stefan. Not in a box, or under water. You're on land, with friends and family. Don't forget that." I told him.

...

"I was put in this safe in a quarry for three months are you insane? What were you thinking?" I heard in the next room. My eyes widened and I quickly waddled into the next room.

I saw Katherine, Stefan and Caroline in the study with a hug safe in the middle of the room. When Care saw me she smiled and held her arms out to me.

"How is my little niece this morning." She greeted.

"She's being playing soccer in there all day." I said with a laugh. She smiled and we went back to Stefan.

"I was thinking it's time for you to deal with the source of your PTSD." Care said going back to their conversation.

"Are you sure you're not just supplementing your feelings about what happened to Jesse last?" Stefan asked.

"Feelings? What feelings do I have about my best friend killing the guy was crushing on?"

"He was out-of-control, and Elena did which had to do

"Elena did what she thought she had to do. Might I bring up Kol again? Or is no one ready for that talk?" I asked. Stefan closed his eyes and looked down.

"Aren't you a drama major? What do you know about PTSD?" He asked Caroline.

"Well, I know that you try to deal with it your own way and failed, So now we're gonna try it my way." She said opening the safe.

....