The coffins Pt 3

Edited:

Edited:

My stomach drops, I glare at Damon who looks at me with guilt. I huff and throw a knife in his direction.

"I told you that in confidence." I hiss. He gulps just as he catches it.

Elijah coughs awkwardly.

Klaus laughs and Elijah holds his hands up in confusion.

"I'm sorry you missed so much. Ah, Trouble in paradise." Klaus states.

"One more thing about Elena or Kiera and this dinner is over." Stefan says. Klaus holding his finger up, signaling his silence in the topic.

"Matter of fact, why don't we just put those girls in the 'Do not Discuss' pile" Damon adds.

"It's just the a lore of the Petrova doppelgänger it's still so strong, right brother" He says. I sigh and rub my forehead in frustration.

"Should we tell them about Tatia?" Klaus adds.

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Elijah asked.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena, and Katerina, I think I guests might be curious about the originator of the Petrova bloodline." He said.

I connected my hands together and stared at the two.

"We're not going anywhere, Elijah. Please. Do tell." Damon said raising his glass.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desire to be her suitor. Even though, she'd had a child by another man. And no one loved her more than Niklaus." Elijah said.

"Why say there was one that loved her at least just as much." Klaus corrected.

" wait a minute so you both, loved the same girl?" Stefan asked.

I placed my wine down and chuckled.

"That's What it sounds like, there Stefan." I said sarcastically. He glared.

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to keep family peace, so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that was in our wine that night." Elijah said.

"Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for sometime Niklaus and I grew estranged. Harsh words were traded and we even came into blows didn't we, brother." Elijah asked.

"Yep. Sounds about right." I muttered.

"But in the end we recognize the sacred bond of family." Klaus finished.

" Family above all" Elijah said raising his glass. He gave me a warm smile and I raised my glass as well.

He rubbed my head and began eating again.

"Why don't we speak this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal." Elijah said.

" It's very simple, Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange he and his extended original family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, Kiera and Elena live happily ever after, no grudges." Damon suggests.

Klaus laughs.

"I'm not leaving my girl here. I can't." He said. I gave Damon a reassuring look and his face flashed in sadness.

"Deal sounds fair brother." Elijah says.

My vision blurs and I squeeze them shut. I try to open my eyes again but all I see is blackness.

A woman stands in front of me, a grave look on her face.

"I'm coming home. Tell my children that." She said. I was shifted out of my episode by Damon leaving from the table.

I look to Elijah and he squeezes my hand reassuringly before getting up as well.

"Let me handle this." He says before walking out.

Who was that woman. I didn't recognize her, maybe she sent the message to the wrong person but, she seemed vaguely familiar.

"Well, guess the only reason I agreed to this evening is to drive a wedge between me and my brother."

"Oh, no, you're doing that well enough on your own." Klaus replied. " because of Elena you're going to lose your brother, and you'll only have yourself to blame." Klaus said.

"Klaus. Don't be an ass." I scold standing up.

Damon and Elijah walk in and I walk over to them.

"What do you say, Klaus. It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer. Now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now, is to be rid of you lot. Fall in love with a human. Maybe that nice football player, you know, the blonde one."

I laughed.

"Matt Donovan? Really?" I ask putting my hand in my waist.

"Yeah, why not. They'll marry, live a long fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline, every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain, and never run out of hybrids, right?" Stefan asks.

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See after you hand me the coffin. I'll ensure the safety for the rest of her life."

"So? What do you say, Stefan? Do we have a deal?" He adds. Stefan walks over and sticks his hand out to him.

"Nice try, Klaus. But not deal." Stefan grins. Klaus's face instantly coats in anger and he breaks Stefan's hand than his leg.

"Stefan!" I gasp. Damon holds on to me and turns me away so I can't look.

What we discovered over time, is that if I can see someone in pain I can take their pain, but if I can only hear them and not see them than I can't take their pain.

I squeeze my eyes tight and ball Damon's shirt into a fist. He tries to cover my ears as much as possible when we hear Stefan's screams of pain.

"Stop!" Damon yells.

"Now bring me my coffin, before I burn him alive." Klaus growls.

"I'll get it." Damon said he lightly pushes me back and I watch as the two walk out. I turn slowly but keep my eyes closed.

....

"Elijah?" I turn to see him and Damon back with a woman carrying the tray.

"Why haven't you left?" Klaus added.

"Well, where are your manners brother? You forgot desert." Elijah said.

He revealed two daggers and my body instantly changed, my morals changed, I didn't feel like myself anymore, the change was so extreme I staggered into Elijah.

"What have you done?" He asks. Elijah grabs me lightly and puts the blindfold over my eyes. I tilt my head in confusion.

He keeps his arm across my back.

"What have you done. See, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises. When're doing this on my terms now, Klaus." I hear Elijah say. I feel someone brush past me and a whiff of cologne fill my nose.

"Kol." Klaus says fearfully. Before I could stop it, a smile reaches my lips.

"Long time, brother." He says.

I hear another woosh.

"Finn, Don't-"

Than I hear him scream and I gasp, moving closer to Elijah.

"Rebekah." I hear him say again, and I nearly jump in excitement.

"This is for our mother." I hear her voice say.