The "Resurrection."

Edited: short and kinda sucky warning.

In order to go through with the ritual the siblings and I had to finalize my rights to some plantation, considering the child growing inside of me was the only living relative.

So, with Klaus I stood, in the rain, under an Umbrella. While I held a knife to my hand and made a cut.

I hissed in pain and handed the knife to the pastor. He finished the deed and than we turned as Marcel brought in Davina.

I felt tears well in my eyes as he placed her on the ground, fire surrounding her.

Klaus kept a hand on my waist to steady me. I walked up to Davina to say my goodbyes in case she didn't come back.

She looked at me and smiled. I did the same and tears fell as I held her hand.

"Take care of that baby. Give it a happy home. For me." She said. I nodded and felt myself being pulled back from her.

I held Klaus close as she brought the knife to the fire, muttering the spell to herself.

Then, without hesitation she slit Davinas throat, I let out a sob and Klaus covered my head to shelter me.

Haley and Rebekah came up and we all hugged each other.

"After the harvest, comes the reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted, we call upon our elders to resurrect your chosen ones." She says.

We wait for them to wake and they don't. I feel a pool of sadness and anger fill my stomach.

"Resurrect your chosen ones." She calls again.

Nothing.

"Please." She begs again. When she realizes it won't work she cries and clings to her niece.

My lip quivers and I grab Davina. I could only rock her back and forth while I cried for her.

"No. My baby sister..." I cried.

"My...baby..." I let out a sob and kissed her forehead.

"We must go, love." Klaus says from behind me. I nod and he pulls me away.

"I was supposed to protect her." I said sniffling and looking at the witch.

"I hope you know who you're dealing with now. So I suggest you bring my baby sister back." I said through gritted teeth. She just looked down and I walked away.

...

I laid on the bed, clinging to a pillow as I hummed a sweet lullaby to the baby.

She was giving a feeling of warmth today. It made me feel happier.

A knock was heard on my door. I looked up and smiled when I saw Klaus.

"Hello, love." He greets. I sit up and he walks in sitting on the bed.

It was silent as we just sat and enjoyed the others company.

"I'm sorry, love. I know how much Davina meant to you." He said grabbing my hand in his.

I tried to say something but only a sob came out. He sighed and brought me into his chest. One hand on my stomach.

"I wish it could be better for you. I wish I could." He smoothed my hair down and whispered reassuringly to me.