The Carnival

To say that my first week back in Mystic Falls was eventful would be an understatement

To say that my first week back in Mystic Falls was eventful would be an understatement. Elena sat me down and explained the situation about vampires. Everyone except Matt, Tyler and Caroline knew.

They planned to keep it that way.

However, knowing this was a relief because now I knew for sure Caroline would be okay. Apparently Vampire blood has wondrous properties.

I walked into the Lockwood house with Matt, I went to go pick him up and bring him here since I didn't want him coming alone.

I saw Stefan talking to Elena next to the table and I led him over.

"Hey guys." He said.

"Hey, Matt." Elena said placing a hand on his arm.

"I heard that Caroline is doing a lot better." She added. "Her recovery was practically miraculous. You must be so relieved."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, watching the way "Elena" moved and the way the slight smirk was hidden behind her frown.

"Go ahead, Matty. I'll catch up." I said, smiling as he kissed my cheek, turning to see Elena roll her eyes.

I watched as Matt walked out of ear and turned back towards Stefan and Elena.

"I'm assuming this is the Katherine bitch I've heard about?" I questioned. Stefan let out an annoyed chuckle and nodded.

"And who might you be?" Katherine scoffed, looking me up and down.

"Keira." I said, smiling again. Her eyes widened just as her smile did.

"I've heard of you." She hummed, holding the drink to her lips.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

"Yes, dead mommy, abusive daddy. My Doppelgänger's annoying best friend. Yeah, I've heard of you." She spit.

"You're Katherine. The self-centered, egotistical, coward. Can't say I have the pleasure of meeting you." I grabbed the drink from her hands and took a drink.

I turned to Stefan who looked at me proudly.

"Bye, Stef. See you later. Call me if you have any news." I turned to Katherine with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Katherine." She plastered a fake smile and nodded.

When I walked away I could hear their voices.

"Big mouth for a human." I heard Katherine say.

"Sure does." Stefan replied.

I smiled and walked out to find Matt.

He was sitting in the car on his phone and when I showed up he smiled.

"Kiki. What was that back there." He asked. I shrugged and smiled at him.

"Let's get you home." I said. He nodded and began driving back.

...

Tyler asked if I wanted to go to the carnival with him, I gladly accepted.

So far him and I had played almost every game there was to play and now we were on to rides.

"This is incredible. I missed this town." I breathed out. He chuckled and wrapped an arm over my shoulders.

"Where all did you go?" He asked. I groaned trying to count them in my fingers. When I lost count he just laughed.

"That busy huh?" I only nodded.

"You'll have to go see it sometime. It's amazing. Especially Philly, it was probably my second favorite."

"What was your first?"

"Probably New Orleans. I met a lot of really awesome people there. It's practically...magical." I said laughing. He rolled his eyes playfully and nudged me.

I saw Care hugging Matt and I smiled. I grabbed Tyler's hand and went to go over but I saw something unusual.

She looked to be struggling and when I looked closer I saw the familiar veins and fangs appear from her.

"What the hell?" I mutter.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked. I turned to him and nodded.

"I'll be right back. I need to find Elena." I said. He gave me an odd look but nods slowly.

I rush off and bump into people and mutter sorry before finally coming across them.

"Elena! Stefan! We have a problem." I'm panting and they look at me confused.

"What is it? What's up?" Elena asked.

"It's Caroline. I think she's a vampire." I said. They look at each other then to me with shocked looks.

"How do you-"

"The weird little eye thing you guys have going on? Yeah, she's sportin that right about now with Matt." I breathed out, struggling to catch my breath.

"We need to find her than." They nodded and we rushed around to find her.

When we finally did, she was hugging Damon, but he had his arm raised with a stake in his hand.

Stefan sees this and runs over knocking it from Damon's grasp. I run to meet with them.

Caroline looks at me with sad eyes and I rush to hug her.

I place her head in my chest and she shakes while she cries.

"Shh. Care it's okay. It's gonna be okay. Just breathe and focus on the sound of my voice." I say to her. She does exactly that and I hear her breathing slow down.

Flashback:

I giggle and squeal with excitement when I ride my bike alongside Caroline. I had just learned how to do it and I was excited because I finally felt like a big girl.

Caroline and I were racing each other down the street on the way to her house for a sleepover with Elena and Bonnie.

"Hurry up! I'm gonna beat you" Care had said. I stuck my tongue out in concentration and peddled faster and finally got ahead of her.

But soon I realized she was no longer behind me. So I stop my bike and turn to see that she was on the ground holding her knee.

I gasped and ran over to her. She had tears streaming down her face and blood covering her knee.

I grabbed her in a hug and she laid her head on my chest. I whispered words of encouragement to her.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay, Care." I had said. "Just listen to the sound of my voice and breathe.

She did it, and soon I was able to have her calm enough to fix up her leg and go get ice cream with her.

𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳✍︎

If you guys didn't already notice I changed her name because there is already Aurora and I feel like everyone uses it in their fanfics lol. I'm working on the rest of the chapters but I can't get them done tonight lol.