Unwanted Forgiveness

Edited:

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hear Damon ask. I sat on his bed waiting for Stefan.

"Since I'm practically incapable of being mad at you guys, Stefan knew to call me when you stupidly flipped Elena's switch." I reply calmly.

He groaned and sat down beside me.

"I'm sorry. I miss you being my drinking buddy. I know you won't be able to drink with me until a few months from now but, just know I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgi-"

"I don't. So chill out with the sob story. I get it Damon." I said.

Stefan was standing in the corner waiting for our response to the plan of Elena going back to school.

"Is that really the plan, though?" I ask. " You're gonna take it back to school?"

"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. We got a free meal out of it." Damon shrugged.

"Look. Do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone? You can't go because you're not a student. Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine. I mean, Elena needs you now more than ever." Stefan reasoned. I shifted from spot in the bed to stand up next to him.

"Not That anyone asked me, but I think taking her back to school is a great idea." Caroline says walking inside the room.

"Why are you here?" Damon asked.

"Vervain in the water. Your place is the only one that doesn't have it. I mean, that and mine but you guys can't go there." I said. Caroline gave me a playful glare.

"Yeah, the mayor put vervain in the water supply. So many people to kill." Damon said.

" yeah, and my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help."

"Fine. I'll go off with the psychotic doppelgänger. Stefan , you're going to go talk to the sheriff, Blondie, take her to school."

"Sounds like fun." I hear Elena's voice from the door. We all turn and Caroline looks away while Damon and Stefan can't take their eyes off. Elena stands there completely naked.

I laughed and pointed to her bare hip.

"Hey! That's the baby tattoo we did a while back." I said smiling.

"What? it's nothing you guys haven't seen before." She said.

"She's not wrong." I said to the boys.

"And as for the "going to school "idea I've got nothing better to do."

Stefan nodded to her telling Damon to use his sire bond magic.

"Right. Elena, it would make me very happy if you went to school today, studied hard. You know, get involved in whatever activities, and please, for me, no matter what, don't eat anyone. Okay?" He asked. She looked at him for a second before nodding.

....

"Of course. Yes, throw a party because why the frick not. You know?" I mutter sarcastically to myself.

As soon as I walked in I saw Elena on the table dancing. I rolled my eyes and went to find Stefan and Caroline.

"You've got to be shitting me." I say to Stefan when I got up to him. He suppressed a smile and nodded.

"At least she having fun." I said to him and Caroline. "Haven't seen her do that in a while."

"You guys should go have fun." I said. Stefan shook his head with a smile.

"I can't remember. Not able to just pick a random girl up and take her to the dance floor?" He asked. I nodded.

"As your sober sponsor I tell you to go for it." Caroline says.

He chuckles and nods to me.

"Why are you here? Haley is over at your house did you know that?" He asked.

Something switched inside of me and I growled.

"What?" I demand. Stefan backs away a bit in shock.

"I'll see you later than." He said slowly before picking Caroline up and bringing her to the dance floor.

My blood began to boil and I rushed out of the Salvatore house and to my own.

"Stupid little wolf bitch." I mutter. I didn't know why I was saying these things. She was my friend and I didn't have a problem with her.

I also wasn't usually such a healing person either. But as I approached the house, the only thing I could think of was beating the shit out of Haley.

I threw the door open and walked in to the place I heard the most chatter and stopped a the sight.

Klaus was two inches away from her lips but stopped when he heard me.

My heart started to pound and the heat poured out of my face. A low growl erupted from my stomach and Klaus's face widened when he realized what I was about to do.

I rushed to him and snapped his neck. He obviously wasn't ready, if this was a different situation he knew I would never hurt him.

But this is different. I'm mad and I want to hurt Haley.

She widens her eyes at Klaus's body laying on the ground and tried to run but I sped in front of her and grabbed her by the neck.

She gasped for breathe and grabbed at my hand but I shoved her into the wall.

I tighten my grip and she squeezes her eyes shut and opens them again. She was slowly starting to loose consciousness.

"Don't, Love. She's your friend." Klaus reasoned. He must have woken up.

"No. She's not." I said holding it tighter.

"Yes. You don't want to do this. You'll regret it. I'm telling you, I know you." He says.

"But you don't care. That's why you're with her." I said my voice cracking. He sighed from behind me.

"That's what this is? You're jealous." He said. I scoffed.

"I'm not jealous." I lied.

"Let her go." He said. I only shook my head.

"Let her go." I didn't budge. He sighed again.

"What would Wyatt think. The baby, how do you think he's think about you now?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I immediately dropped her. She let out a gasp for breath.

She looked at me with fear and my face dropped.

"I'm so sorry, Haley." I said realizing what I just did.

Before anyone could object I ran out of the house.