Memories Inc.

Edited:

"I'm glad you brought me here." I said to Marcel as we stood in the church that Marcel once kept safe for Davina.

"You and I are the only family she's ever known. I wouldn't leave you in the dark." He said with a smile. I returned the warm smile and hissed in pain as my daughter kicked around in my stomach.

"Is everything alright?" Marcel asked. I only nodded.

"She's getting stronger. I can feel the power in my veins as we speak. She should be ready to come out soon." I said with a laugh.

Marcel placed his hand on my stomach and chuckled.

"I can feel her." We heard movement from upstairs and took that as our cue to talk with Davina. Marcel held a bag of stuff for her to practice her magic again and I brought food.

"Hey, D. How do you feel? I got you some stuff. Organic soap and scented candles, some incense. Just trying to help you get back to feeling, you know, yourself." Marcel greets.

I sit by her on the bed and watch as she continues to look off into the nothingness.

"Word on the street is, the witches are celebrating. Three out of the four girls sacrificed in the harvest have come back. First, it was your friend Monique then another girl, now you. What I hear, the others are saying that the ancestors were with them while they were dead, You know, talking to them, teaching them, they said they're stronger than ever. Was it like that for you?" I asked her.

Tears began to form in her eyes as she shook her head.

"No.. there was nothing. It was cold, empty, and dark, and went on forever." She said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, D-" Marcel was cut off by her words.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Please..don't make me." She begged. He nodded and left the room quietly. I frowned and touched her face gently.

The second I did I felt my head buzz and my eye sight began to blur. Davina took in a sharp breath and groaned.

"How dare you betray us."
"You're a selfish little girl."
"Useless."
"Used your magic against your own."
"Coward."
"Serpent."
"Misuse your magic again girl and you'll regret it."
"Traitor."
"We'll skin your magic from you."

I pulled away from her with a gasp. When she turned to me she was sobbing. I felt myself crying too as I pulled her into a hug.

She held onto me so tight I thought we would combine into one. She pulled away and laid her head on my lap, her head facing toward my pregnant belly.

"You're my little sister, D. I will never let anyone hurt you. Not even 1000 year old dead witches. My own daughter may be a witch, but she will never deny family, no matter what creature they are." I said rubbing her head.

"Do you remember that one time we stayed up talking about boys and I gave you a drawing." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and tried to recall the memory.

But it wasn't coming to me. She held up her hand and motioned for me to grab it. I did it hesitantly and when I did, I was taken back to the memory of the night before I left for Mystic falls, I was 17 again, no baby, no drama, only Davina and I.

We sat on her bed in the church, giggling like lunatics.

"Ok, okay. So, I was taught this little trick a while back. It's supposed to tell you your soulmate." She said. I gave the "whatever" look and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Okay, give me your hands." I did as told and she placed them on top of her gently.

"Close your eyes and let your mind take over." She instructed. I closed my eyes and emptied my mind.

The first couple minutes nothing happened.

"Vina, I-" I gasped when I saw it. Or more specifically, him. I watched as him and I had a pillow fight, we were laughing loudly as we did so.

Finally, he tackled me onto the bed. His face was being hid by the many feathers floating in the air. I flipped us so I was sitting at his waist.

That's when I saw his face completely.

My hand went from Davinas and she smiled widely.

"He's cute!" She said. Davina got up and went over to her sketchbook. Her hands began moving like magic to draw the face of the man in my vision.

I was still in shock by what had just happened. When she got done she ripped out the picture and gave it to me. I placed the picture on my lap and looked at it.

He was beautiful indeed.

I gasped and broke the memory. Davina sat up slowly and went over to the vent. I remember her putting it in the vent before she wiped my memory.

It was Marcel's idea. I wanted to explore the world but Marcel wanted to keep Davina safe. So, any memory I had of them was to leave my mind until I saw them with my eyes.

I saw Davina pull out the picture and hand it to me. When I turned it over I began sobbing hysterically.

"My baby..." I cried. She pulled me into her chest and I looked at the picture again.

His eyes would always be my favorite.

My heart.

My Kol.