The Sun Also Rises

I sit with something to play with while we wait

I sit with something to play with while we wait. Jenna had drank Greta's blood and was now talking about how she was feeling.

I heard a yell far out in the distance.

"What was that?" Jenna asked. Elena and I looked at each other.

"That must be the werewolf." Elena and I said together.

Greta comes out and throws Jules down. I rush over and hold her head.

"What's happening to me?" She asked.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta informs.

I sigh and rub Jules head.

"It's gonna be okay." I said to everyone with a smile.

"We're gonna go home and eat some KFC after this. Jules you're invited to. I promise." I laugh. They must have appreciated the lie because they smiled and closed their eyes. Picturing it I assume.

Greta pulls me up and leads me over away from Jules. Than she placed a circle of fire around her.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance of nature. It's your duty to them to keep The curse sealed." Elena reasoned.

"My duty is to Klaus." Greta hissed. I rolled my eyes. "The new order."

I felt a presence beside me and I sighed, somehow I felt much better. Any doubts went away and I felt happier.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus said. "Hello my lovelies." He greeted. He looked at me and smiled.

Than to my surprise he embraced me in a hug and I sigh again in relief.

"You're gonna kill the witch, aren't you?" I whispered. He chuckled and nodded.

"Are we ready?" He asked.

He walked away from us to talk to Greta privately. All we heard now were Jules's cries of pain.

I bit my lip nervously watching her.

Don't do it. Don't do it.

I bend over in pain. A sharp cry escapes me. I feel like my inside are on fire and I can't do anything about it.

Another wave of pain hits me. I look over at Jules who is looking at me in confusion.

"What's going on-"

"She took your pain away." Elena said sadly. "Turn it off Kiera!" She shouted.

"Working on it, babe." I growl. I cry out again.

"I. Hate. Werewolves." I mutter.

"Why would she do that?" Jules asked.

"Because she cares." Elena replied. I was closer to her circle and she sat on the ground trying to reach me but the fire separated us.

I let out another cry.

"Elena it hurts..." I said, tears coming down my face. Elena sniffles and nods.

"I'm sorry. I love you so much. Remember that. No matter what, we're family, and we stick together." She says. We exchange knowing looks and I cry out again.

Suddenly Jules's circle of fire disappeared. She gave me one last look and I knew exactly what she was gonna do. I made sure to focus on keeping her pain away, because I knew what was about to happen.

She launched at Klaus and he grabbed her and pinned her.

I groaned again. Than I turn my head to look at her. Her arms extended towards mine and mine to her.

"Jules!" I yell. Klaus shoves his hand into Jules chest and I scream.

"Klaus!" I yell. I let out another sob as the pain from Jules goes away due to her death.

I just lay on the ground, hoping this is all over soon. Klaus gives me a sympathetic look before going over to Greta.

"You know, the day the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, do you know what my first thought was? Isn't there someone else who can do it?" Jenna said.

I let out a low chuckle and watched the two in silence.

"Jenna there was no one else Who could've gotton me and Jeremy through all of that." Elena reassured.

"It's just the thought that I almost passed on taking care of you."

"But you didn't. You put your entire life on hold to help us."

"Look..around, Elena. I failed you."

"No! You didn't I failed you. I'm so sorry." She says.

"Listen, being a vampire intensifies your guilt but it also makes you stronger and faster.  You can fight back. We are going to get through this we are going to be OK." I add. Jenna turns to me and smiles.

"We need you to believe that, Jenna." Elena says. "Promise me, when you get the chance, Run."

She nods and I blink my tears away.

She turns to me.

"You aren't even my blood relative and I consider you family. You and Elena both were put through so much at such a young age. I want you to stick by each other." She tells me. I nod, smiling at her.

"When Klaus kills me..you need to fight your urges." She says. I sob and nod.

"But how? I won't care about anyone but him. I can't do that Jen." I cry. She shakes her head.

"No. You need to fight it. Family first you hear me?" She asks. I nod.

Than as if on cue Klaus walks up.

"Hello, Jenna." He says.

"Let her go." I plead.

"I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't." Elena goes to move but the fire gets higher.

I stand up slowly, my knees wobbling.

"Careful." He tells Elena.

"Elena don't!" Jenna warns.

"No! Jenna." Elena shouts. "We can't leave Jeremy without a family. I followed your rules I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please." She begs.

He looks between them and I sigh in sadness.

I know him. He won't let her go.

"Well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list." We all look to what he's talking about and gasp when we see Stefan.

He says something I can't hear but Klaus agrees and runs up there.

"Oh my god." I hear Jenna say suddenly.

"What?" We question.

"He wants to take my place."

I felt my heart drop.