The Discovery

I walk into the Lockwood mansion and go upstairs to pack. Damon and Stefan said that I should move in with them because they'd be able to protect me better.

"You leaving?" I hear behind me. I jump and turn to Tyler. I sigh and nod chuckling.

"I'm gonna miss you annoying me here." He said laughing and coming up beside me.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You weren't saying that yesterday. It sounded a little more like 'KiKi, please come get ice cream with me. I can't go by myself because I'm a guy and that's weird. I'll buy you anything I promise."

He quickly covered my mouth and chuckling.

"I get it, Kiki. Just shut up." I laugh and smile sadly at him.

"Gonna miss you, buddy." I sigh.
....

After I gathered up my stuff and texted Damon announcing I was on my way, I had arrived.

A couple seconds later and Damon opened up. I smiled brightly at him.

"Yay! You're here." He says smirking. I laugh and he pulls me into the house.

"You room can be by mine and we can tell stories and stay up late-" he jokes.

"So there will be no drinking involved?" I question. He puts his hand in his chest and sighs in relief.

"Thank god. Come on, we're gonna get along just fine." He laughs. We walk in and he pulls out the scotch and turns on some music.

Immediately we begin drinking and dancing to the music.

"So what's up with your newfound 'abilities'" Damon asks.

"I don't know, actually. I can't touch certain things and dogs bark at me." I admitted.

He looked off in confusion.

"Alright than let's test something." He said.  I tilted my head in confusion and suddenly a knife comes flying at my face. It felt like everything was in slow motion and I reached up and caught it with ease.

I gasped and tossed it back to Damon.

"What the.." I trailed off. He looked at me oddly.

"Alright what else." I said excitedly.

He chuckled, and opens up a box. In it held a small purple flower.

He goes to touch it but he hisses and pulls his arm back when it burns him.

"Now the vampire test." He said. I nod and walk over. I slowly leaned my hand towards the plant and wait for a burn when I touch it but it doesn't happen.

I pick up the plant and hold it up to him. He flinches slightly and motions for me to put it back.

"Okay. Not a vampire. Maybe a werewolf?" He ponders. I shrug.

He goes to pour himself another drink but misses his cup completely and pouring the drink on his hand.

"Ah. What the hell." I follow him into the kitchen and he turns on the faucet.

He takes off his ring.

"Here hold this." He said. He hands it to me the ring falls in my palm.

It takes a second but the rings burns me and I hiss in pain, dropping it.

"Ow! Shit!" I said. I look at the blisters on my hand.

He stops washing his hands and turns to me with shock.

"What is that?" I ask. I turn to him as he looks between his ring and my hand.

"It's silver..." he says. I gulp.

(Even if its not just pretend)