{1} ✔️

A/N: I just wanna say, I really think the description sucks ass and I'm sorry about that. If you're reading this, you're a real one! ☝🏽
✔️ means it's been proofread!
************

Dahlia's POV
************

"You're seriously wearing that, D?" Coraline questioned loudly as she popped her gum and then leaned toward the mirror to look at her lip gloss. I rolled my eyes and flipped her off before walking out of the bathroom. "You should be used to my clothes by now, Cora. I've had the same style since I was in middle school." I always wore graphic tees, dark-colored—usually black—clothes, or super bright clothes. Today, for the first day of school, I decided to wear a pastel purple jean jacket and skirt with a bright yellow tank top and shoes. I figured I'd wear something bright to start the year off and then wear black for a solid few weeks.

"You look great baby sis," Denny grinned sarcastically at me. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off too before hightailing it down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bagel and some orange juice from the fridge and sat at the kitchen counter, waiting for my two idiot siblings to finish getting ready.

"Excited for the first—" My dad got quiet as I glared at him. "I'm guessing that's a no." He chuckled before slapping my head softly. "At least it's your second to last year." He said before taking a sip of his coffee.

I scoffed. "I barely got by last year and the work is only getting harder. I might just fuck around and fail another grade."

"Get over it, Dahlia. It was kindergarten and you were a slow learner. It's fine." He rolled his eyes before looking at the time on his watch. "Coraline! Dahmer! Hurry up!" He yelled up the stairs. I smirked to myself as I listened to them both shout at him for using their actual names.

My parents sucked ass at naming people if we were any examples. They named my brother Dahmer Denver Doe. Because I guess they liked Jeffrey Dahmer, you know, the fucking serial killer, so much that they figured naming their first born after him was a good idea. They named me Dahlia Jane Delilah Doe because that was such a great idea. They named my little sister Coraline Susanna Doe, the most normal of all our names, but she still hated it. Susanna was too basic for her and Coraline wasn't great either. She always got compared to the movie character Coraline, seeing as she looked a lot like her. Same dark hair and eyes, fair skin and freckles. Even acted like her a bit, in my opinion.

None of us agreed on much, but we did all agree that changing our names when we were legally able to would be the best option if we ever wanted to live normal lives.

"Look, kid, you're gonna kick this school year's ass! No doubt." Dad smiled at me as he walked toward the front door. "Your mom probably won't be up before you guys leave. She's still not over that cold so she's resting up as much as she can before she goes back to work. But I'm sure if she was up she'd tell you to have a great day at school."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Why do you still talk about her like you're together?"

"I don't." He defended himself. "Be good today." He said before slipping out and closing the door behind him.

I finished my breakfast and grabbed my bag as I heard Cora and Denny running down the stairs. We'd probably be a few minutes late, but it'd be fine.