{10} ✔️

Dahlia's POV
***********

I groaned as I tried to roll over and my eyes quickly flew open when I hit the ground with a thud. "Ow." I drew the word out as I tried to stand up, but my head was spinning.

"Isn't this embarrassing?" It was Cora's voice who said it. I looked in her direction and sighed as I saw her holding her phone up, clearly recording. "Oh, please don't mind me. Just collecting more data. Just blackmail things, you know?"

"When I can feel my body again, I'm going to hurt you." I mumbled before slowly sliding back onto the couch. "What time is it? How'd I get home? Are the twins okay? Where's dad?"

"Whoa, dude, just because your head hurts it doesn't mean you have to give me a headache too. All those fucking questions—" Cora shook her head as she finally put her phone in her pocket and then hightailed it up the stairs without answering any of my questions.

I rolled my eyes and let out another groan before shoving my head into the nearest pillow.

"Billie brought you and it's noon." Denver's voice was too loud for my liking and I groaned yet again. "Caden's been texting me all morning about some girl he met at the party you guys went to that I was neither invited to or informed about, so I'm guessing the twins are good."

He shoved my feet off the couch, the rest of my body nearly falling off with them, and then sat down, bouncing around a few times before finally being still. "I hate you," I mumbled, knowing he was doing it on purpose. "And I did tell you I was going to a party."

"You failed to mention the fact that it was a full-fledged high school party and not one of those lame little study sessions you have with people in your clubs that you call parties." He grumbled. "You failed to mention that you'd be getting drunk and not getting home until, CORA!? When did she get home again?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and I winced before hurriedly covering my ears.

"One o'clock!" She yelled back.

"One o'clock." He sighed. "You should've told me."

"You're not my fucking dad, Denny, give it up."

"You're right, I'm not. Why don't we tell our actual dad about this then, huh?"

"One isn't even that late and I don't have to tell you everything I do. I was safe with my friends and with Billie. You go to parties all the time. What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that you're my little sister and if anything happened to you I'd be stuck with just Cora-"

"I can still hear you!" She screamed.

"I always tell you guys when I'm going out and I tell you where I'm going so that you don't have to worry or be shocked when I show up shit faced at one o'clock in the fucking morning. Parties can be fun but they can be dangerous too, especially for someone like you."

"Someone like me?" I growled, sitting up way too fast. "The hell does that mean?" I rubbed my forehead, trying to ease the pain.

"Someone like you who's young, naive, and not used to that type of atmosphere. Look, next time just tell me where you're going so we don't have to have this talk again, okay?"