{73}✔️

Billie's POV
************

Dahlia must think I'm stupid.

She went to use the bathroom and didn't come back for an hour. I texted her a million times and she didn't answer. I went looking for her near the porta-potties, but I didn't see anything. So, I went back to the bench where we'd agreed to meet after she came back from using the bathroom, and boom. There she fucking was.

She jumped up quickly and threw her arms around me, apologizing for taking so long.

"Dude, I'm so sorry! I had to pee and then I got distracted because I saw a ride I wanted to go on and then I saw another ride and then...Well, next thing I know an hour's gone by!"

She laughed as she tried to play it off, but I kept my face blank. She wasn't fooling me for a single second.

She'd been crying. She hid it well, but I could still tell. Her voice was a little hoarse, her nose was red, her skin was blotchy, her eyes were a little red.

Her clothes were disheveled too, and that wasn't because of a ride. Her hair was a mess, her knuckles were a little bruised, she walked up to me as if she was sore.

"Did someone do something to you, Dahlia?" I questioned lowly. "Don't fucking lie to me. Did someone put their hands on you?"

"No," She sighed, dropping her smile. "No one did anything to me."

"What happened to you then?"

"Nothing happened to me." She mumbled.

"Clearly something happened! You were gone for an hour and you came back looking like a whole mess! Tell me what the fuck happened before I start beating random people's asses! You don't wanna tell me who did this to you? Fine. Everybody here can get their asses kicked!"

"Nobody did anything to me!" She yelled. "I—I did something bad."

"What? What'd you do, baby?"

"You're gonna hate me." Her voice cracked as she began to cry. I shook my head quickly and pulled her in for a hug. "I did something really bad, Billie, and I'm scared! I'm not okay! I'm really scared, Billie."

"Hey, it's gonna be fine, okay? Tell me what you did. I'm not gonna hate you, I'm not gonna judge you."

"I'll tell you." She sighed. "Please don't hate me."

"I won't hate you." I repeated.

We walked over to the bench and sat down. I waited patiently for her to start talking, and after playing with her fingers for a little bit she did.

"I saw my mom..." She mumbled. I nodded and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Denver told me about something that she did to him while we were in the cabin. She did something really bad. Really, really bad, Billie. I just got so mad and I promised myself I'd fucking make her pay for it the next time I saw her. After I used the bathroom I came out and I saw her there and I...I just went crazy. I beat the shit out of her." She cried.