{36}✔️

A/N: Listen...Listen...I'm about to update four times in a row. PLEASE don't come at me lmao I promise I won't update again after those four today and then tomorrow I might just update once (I might be lying but see...I'll try.) I know a lot of you like a lot of updates but at this point I feel like it's getting ridiculous lmao. I'm legit scared y'all gonna get annoyed with how frequently this is updated and snatch it outcha library 💀💀 I'm gonna chill soon, it's just that this and the next two updates are kinda short and fillers and then the last update is gonna be a pretty dope chapter. 😈 so...okay have fun reading now okbye ily.

************
**Three weeks later**

Dahlia's POV
************

"Please, please, please let me come over!" Billie whisper yelled through the phone. I rolled my eyes as I flipped another page of my magazine and twisted my gum around my fingertip.

"Billie, you should be there for your parents' welcome home party. Finneas worked hard to plan it and he shouldn't have to suffer alone."

"He did not work hard! He invited all their usual snooty 'friends' over and then hired a party planner to set everything up. That's it. I don't wanna be here when they have the stupid party because guess what? It's gonna go exactly the same way all the other ones did. Their rich ass, snob ass, bitch ass friends will show up and they'll all fake laugh at stupid business jokes and sip on their stupid fancy ass wine with their pinkies up in the air like they're fucking royalty or some shit, and I'll have to sit there and watch my parents act fake right along with them. They'll all spend the whole night judging one another and throwing shade, and I'll be stuck 'playing' with the other 'kids'. You know, the spoiled little snooty assholes who've never worn anything that wasn't designer in their lives...Why haven't you cut off my rambling yet? Are you listening to me?"

I flipped another page in my magazine and hummed. "I wonder if this really is J-lo's actual exercise routine..." I mumbled.

"Dahlia!"

"Billie, you know you're welcome over here anytime, but I'm not gonna let you come when you're supposed to be with your family. I know it's gotta suck—"

"Yeah, it fucking does suck!"

"—but your parents are probably really looking forward to it. They haven't seen you in a long time. They'll want you there...Look, they don't get back until Friday. Just try to keep it out of your mind until then."

"You're on my hit list now." She muttered.

"I finally made it on there? What took you so long? You were on my hit list the day I met you."

"Oh, shut up. You were too busy gawking at me the day we met to be making any lists."

She's not wrong. I can't believe that was two months ago already.

"Whatever...Do you wanna go costume shopping today?" It's Saturday, October 12th, which means that Halloween is nineteen days away, which means that Julian's Halloween party is nineteen days away, which means that I need to get my fucking costume so I can stop obsessing over it as soon as possible.

"Are you absolutely positive that you're going to that party? It's gonna be on a fucking Thursday so that Friday is gonna suck. And don't you have something with CW club on Halloween—"

"I just have to be at the library for like an hour. The thing at the library is happening at 6:00, I think, and obviously the party is gonna be later. Stop trying to talk me out of it, Bil. It'll be fine."

"How about we go costume shopping on Friday?"

"You're going to your parents' welcome home party, Billie."

"Fine, Whatever. Give me an hour and I'll be right over. Bitch ass."

***

"I'm not wearing that, Billie, give it up." I rolled my eyes as I snatched the outfit from her and put it back on the rack.

"I think you'd look great as a sexy hamburger." She whined.

We've been shopping for like three hours and we still haven't found anything. Billie said that whenever I find a costume she'll match with me, and I think that's adorable.

"I haven't dressed up for Halloween like...ever. It's gotta be perfect." I pouted.

"We could be Mike and Eleven. I'll shave my head."

I glared at her and she held her hands up in defense.  "Right, I forgot that you're in love with my blue hair."

"Mike and Eleven is already overdone." I pushed her shoulder gently before walking over to the next rack to browse. I've been at this same rack like four times already, but maybe something interesting will jump out at me?

"Maybe we should just try again another day? Come on, Dahlia, I can't look at Halloween costumes for another second. I'm gonna slit my fucking throat if I have to see one more sexy spaghetti costu—"

"Slit your throat?!" I gasped, staring at her with wide eyes. I thought for a moment before jumping up and down and clapping.

"Jesus Christ, don't be so fucking excited about that!"

"No, no! You just made me think! Sweeney Todd! We can go as Sweeney and Ms. Lovett!"

"Whomst?"

"You've never watched or heard of Sweeney Todd?" I questioned. She shook her head. "That's disgusting! We've gotta go watch that right now. I'll browse online for some costumes!" I exclaimed before grabbing her hand and dragging her out of the store.

************
A/N: 1. Happy Mother's Day!
2. This chapter is literally garbage bro, but I just needed a filler so I could progress the story I guess! I didn't know if I wanted to do a time skip or not because I really wanted to but I wasn't sure if you guys would like that or not but I ultimately decided I would just because I don't feel like it was necessary to write as Dahlia healed and dealt with ppl knowing about her past and all that? But anyway it's the second week of October, just so we're clear! And this takes place on Saturday. A lot of stuff is about to happen so get ready 😈😈