{31} ✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

It was so much worse the second time around. They made sure to avoid kicking or punching anywhere near my head, and I wasn't knocked unconscious. They must've been beating the shit out of me for at least twenty minutes. They just kept going and going until they all were too tired to throw another punch. I laid there, curled up in a ball, crying as I waited for them to finish. I didn't let out a sound, afraid it'd make them more upset.

I stayed like that even after they walked away, tossing their tasers around as they laughed and teased each other. I wasn't listening to much they were saying, but I think they mentioned going to see something in the movie theater this weekend.

I was quickly reminded that it's still only Monday. Today had been so long. So much had happened and it'd felt like an entire month went by, but nope. It's still only Monday.

I laid on the ground, crying and trying not to move so much because I was scared if I did the pain would get so much worse, and I don't think I'd be able to handle that. I feel like I could pass out from the pain I'm feeling already, but my body won't just give up and let me slip into unconsciousness.

I'm so fucking scared.

I don't know where Kai is or what she's doing now, but I bet she's somewhere telling more people everything I didn't want them to know.

I don't know what my siblings are doing right now, but I hope they don't know about what Kai did yet. I hope they at least have a good night tonight. I hope they're not worrying about me. I hope they're sleeping peacefully.

I don't know what my dad is doing right now. I know he's at work, but I don't know what he's doing. Taking a break? Taking a piss? Designing? I hope he isn't stressing, no matter what he's doing.

I hope Caden and Cadence are laughing at some stupid show on Netflix or getting ready for bed themselves. I hope they're having another stupid argument about what's better; Snickers or Twix? Icarly or Victorious? Malcolm in the middle or Brooklyn nine nine?

I don't give a shit what Billie is doing right now. Probably some bullshit.

I needed her and she wasn't fucking here. I told her I needed her to come get me and she hung up on me, probably went to find Kai and threaten her again. That's just gonna make her angrier, and I'm just gonna get my ass beat again.

I cried harder as I thought about that. Is this gonna happen again? When I go back to school are they gonna do this again? Are they gonna follow me around and do this whenever they want? They must've been following me earlier, why else would they have been here? Nobody was at the park this late at night. They'd been watching me.

It took me a long time, but I finally got the energy to grab my cellphone, which was right beside me. I ignored Billie's texts and called her again. She picked up quickly once again, but she didn't say anything.

"I need you to come get me. Park." I whispered before hanging up. I grunted as I brought my legs closer to my chest and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep. I did.

***

"Fuck!" I screeched as I shoved whoever's hands were on me away. I brought my own hand up to touch my rib, wincing as I felt a shooting pain as soon as I did. I looked around as quickly as I could and noticed that I was in Billie's kitchen. She was pacing back and forth in front of the stove, something boiling on it. I looked away from her and saw Finneas standing there, looking at me sympathetically.