{26}✔️

Billie's POV
************

"What are you going to be for Halloween?" Dahlia's voice made me jump a little because I'd almost forgotten she was right there. I was drawing in my journal and I always ended up in a trance-like state when I did that. Everything around me just simmered into nothingness as I focused fully on the paper in front of me. "Sorry for bothering you." She blushed as she looked back down at her iPad. She was drawing too, but I don't know what. I felt a small smile tugging at my lips as I watched her concentrating as she drew. The sunlight coming in through the kitchen window made her look gorgeous and soft. Her hair was in a messy bun, her black curls wild and lots of strands surrounding her face. Her freckles were darker today and there seemed to be more of them. Her button nose wiggled every once in a while as she focused, her tongue coming out to run over her bottom lip every now and then before she poked it out of the corner of her mouth. Her blue eyes would scan the room every now and then before going back down to her iPad.

Damn, this bitch is beautiful.

"You're fine," I said after a while, putting my marker down and resting my face on my fist. I meant it both ways. She is god damn fine. Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning...damn. "You're not bothering me, I mean."

"So?" She looked at me with those gorgeous orbs and my breath caught in my throat as I tried to remember what she'd asked. It took me a few moments, but I remembered.

"Oh, Halloween? Dude, that's a month and a week away." I laughed. "Is it your favorite holiday?"

"Other than Christmas and New Year's."

"New Years?" I quizzed. I don't think I've met anyone who's favorite holiday was New Year.

"I'm one of those people who make lots of New Years resolutions and shit." She snorted, rolling her eyes. "And lots of goals and plans for the new year. I know it's frowned upon or some shit nowadays, but it really makes me happy. And I usually do achieve a lot of my goals and stick to my resolutions!"

"What were some of your goals for this year?"

"Make more friends. I did that, kinda. I found you." That made me feel all warm and tingly on the inside. "Be less boring...I guess you could say I'm doing that. Go out more. I've definitely done a good job of doing that. Go to a party. Did that."

"Yeah." I frowned, looking back down at my journal. She sighed before reaching over the counter to grab my hand.

"Quit that shit. You've gotta stop blaming yourself and thinking about what should and shouldn't have happened at that party. It's over and done with now. We're moving on." She told me sternly. "Besides, it was only one bad party. I'm sure the next one will be better."

"The next one? You wanna go to another one?" I practically shrieked. I thought she'd want to avoid parties for the rest of her life after what had happened at the last one. I do.

"I'm sure the odds of this whole 'taking a picture of me topless without me knowing about it thing' happening again are pretty low, Bil." She grinned. She never fails to surprise me. "Besides, Julian is throwing another party for Halloween. A fucking Halloween party! Like with costumes and everything! On Halloween night! I've always wanted to go to one."