{43}✔️

A/N: Trigger warning. Mentions of 'almost rape' in this one.

Dahlia's POV
************

"What kind of dress are you wearing to the Sadie Hawkin's dance?" Cadence asked before taking another slurp of her slushie. I sent her a look. I've never gone to a school dance before and I don't see it happening this year either. I've always just been too shy, and nobody's ever asked me to go so I never did. Plus, I don't see the big deal. Proms and dances are so overrated and they're so expensive. You spend hundreds on hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, accessories, the tickets to get in, and you have to pay for whatever you choose to do after which is usually going to a restaurant. You only stay at the damn dance for an hour or two, and then it's over. So much money spent on something so stupid. I could literally throw my own prom for cheaper.

All that being said, I have always wanted a fancy dress. I love prom dresses and I love dressing up. It'd make for some great Instagram pictures. That's beside the point, though.

"Come on, Dahlia, you have to go to this one! It'll be a lot of fun, especially since you have Billie to go with now." She winked and shimmied her shoulders before grabbing my hand and dragging me along with her as she speed-walked across the mall. I already know she's heading toward that stupid dress boutique she loves so much. They have gorgeous dresses, but they're so damn expensive.

"I don't even know if she'd wanna go. She doesn't really come across as the type of girl who cares about dances and I don't wanna make her feel like she has to take me."

"You should still ask. There's no harm in that at all, and if she doesn't wanna go then she won't. You know that. You're scared to ask because you think she won't wanna go with you."

I really hate how well Cadence knows me.

"I know we're together now and everything it's just...I don't know. I know it's stupid and I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I just can't imagine asking her and having her say no." I admitted. She dragged me into the beautifully decorated store and breathed in deeply. It smells like roses and money in here.

Everything's so bright and beautiful, so much sparkly shit everywhere. I feel fucking underdressed in my sweatshirts and jeans.

I feel like I should be wearing a business suit instead or something

"You have no reason to worry. Listen to me, I'm always right." She walked further into the store and pulled me along with her. We talked for a few moments with one of the employees before starting to browse.