{38}✔️

Billie's POV
***********

"Look at what Finneas is forcing me to wear!" I whined as I put my phone on the table and sat it up against a cup so that Dahlia could see my outfit. A fucking god damn ugly ass dress. A dress. A fucking dress.

"I think you look amazing!"

I scrunched up my face and rolled my eyes as I kicked my shoes off as hard as I could. Dahlia giggled as she watched me throw my mini tantrum. "I don't want any parts of this, D. I want to come to your house and do something. Something that won't require me to wear some dumbass dress—"

"Billie, shouldn't you be mingling with your family and your guests rather than complaining in your room right now?" She smirked. "It's only one night. After this, you can wear all the oversized designer clothing you want."

"I'll eat yo pussy if you let me come over." I tried one more time.

"You'll do that anyway if I tell you to." She smirked, attitude dripping in her voice as she stared at me. I tried my best to hide a smirk of my own. "You right about that, mama." I rasped as I picked up my phone, licking my lips as my eyes flickered down the screen to look at her clothes. All I could see was her tight fitting crop top. It makes her boobs look great. "Damn, I think I might wanna come over way more now than I did before." I sighed.

"Too bad, loser, you've got rich people to mingle with."

I pouted as I put on the other shoes Finneas picked out for me. Fucking god damn flats. It could be worse. They could be heels, but I'm still upset. I'm so used to my big, bulky sneakers that these feel so weird. I feel naked.

"Come over here, baby. Suffer with me."

"Yeah, I totally want to but like...I actually don't so...I can't." She sucked in a breath and gave me a sorry look that showed that she wasn't really sorry. I flipped her off and hit my phone screen. "That was me slapping you." I informed her.

"Owie." She pouted.

"Next time I see you, it's on sight."

I hung up after that and then texted her a proper goodbye before sighing and opening my room door. The smile I'd been wearing as I spoke to Dahlia disappeared the moment I went into the living room and saw my parents and Finneas talking to some ancient ass old couple that I recognized from the last party we had. They were the ones that smelled like musty, stale, garlic potato chips and liked to ask how many kids I planned on popping out. I always tell them none, you know, because fuck them kids, and they always argue that I should have at least four.

Finneas' fake laugh that he always does when he's around these people could be heard all the way across the room, and I couldn't bear to go over there. I looked around, desperately trying to find someone I didn't want to murder to chat with, and I came up short. There's not a single guest here that I want to have to talk to for more than a second.

This will inevitably be the longest night of my life.

***

"My Sammy is going through an emo phase too, though I certainly had to draw the line at hair color. It's bad enough she listens to that band, what's it called? Panic at the party? Panic on the dance floor? I couldn't let her dye her hair too. She wanted to dye it hot pink...maybe that's better than blue."

I smiled and nodded as politely as I could at the older blonde woman in front of me. She's like fifty, but she tells everyone she's thirty-nine. She's wearing all pink, even on her teeth.

"Your lipstick smudged again, ma'am. It's on your teeth." I smiled kindly. She thanked me as she pulled out a napkin and began scrubbing her teeth once again. "That's why I usually avoid buying the cheap kind." I added before walking off. I heard her gasp and call me a 'brat' as I did, but I didn't give a shit.

I walked into the bathroom without knocking, and I'm lucky that it was only my mom I'd walked in on. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it, sighing and closing my eyes. "This is the worst."

"This really is the worst. Why can't I have a little privacy?" My mom laughed as she grabbed some toilet paper.

"You pushed me out of your ass, it's fine."

"I guess the sex talk I gave you a while back didn't stick?" She joked before flushing the toilet and washing her hands. "I know you hate these parties, but I'm glad you're here. I missed you the whole time we were gone! Anything new happen?"

A lot had happened.

"If we can stay in here for a while I'll tell you everything." I pleaded with my eyes and she thought about it for a moment before letting the toilet seat down and sitting on it.

"I don't like these parties any more than you do. Tell me everything, in detail, and talk slowly."

I went over to sit on the edge of the bathtub and began to fill her in.

***********
A/N: LOL remember when I said I'd limit myself to updating just once a day? LOL. I can't help but update more than once though, especially if I'm posting short filler chapters or something. Then I gotta post a lot cause I feel bad they're not long and interesting.