{69}✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

Christmas day was an amazing day. We woke up at 5 am, went to the living room, and opened all our gifts. Dad was more than happy with his, as were Cora and Denver, and I really liked all of mine as well.

I saved Billie's for last even though it absolutely killed me, and I was surprised to see she'd put quite a few gifts in the big box. A Polaroid camera, a new photo printer, some iPad accessories, some stuff for my DIYs and a mini diary. When I opened the diary I saw that she'd already written in it.

As my dad and siblings worked on making our big Christmas breakfast, I read through it. She'd written all types of cute shit. She wrote songs for me in it, she wrote about some of the conversations we'd had and some things she'd never said to me that she wished she would've, she wrote about questions that I'd asked that she didn't answer at the time, but she made sure to in this diary. She wrote about the things that reminded me of her, she wrote about the things that I did that she loved, she wrote about all the places she wanted to take me and all the things she wanted to get me.

And here I thought I was a sentimental little shithead.

God, I love her.

I wanted to call her or FaceTime her or something and tell her how thankful I was for the beautiful gifts, but I knew she was busy catching up with her family and opening her own gifts. We're going to talk later tonight and I honestly can't wait.

By the time I got done reading through everything she wrote, breakfast was ready and I quickly joined my family at the table to eat.

Everyone seemed really happy and it made me happy to see my family looking so refreshed. Cora couldn't keep the smile off her face as she shoveled food into her mouth, and dad and Denver were playfully arguing over sports, laughing every couple of minutes as they slowly went through all the food on their plates.

I stayed quiet and observed for the most part, more than happy to just watch them being their usual, dorky selves.

When we finished with breakfast, dad insisted on putting on Christmas music and watching a Christmas movie while sipping on hot chocolate and eating way too many Christmas cookies. We all gathered on the living room couch and snuggled up together with our drinks and snacks, a large blanket thrown over all of us as we sat there.

We honestly spent most of the day on the couch. We'd all fallen asleep at one point, but when we woke back up we actually watched the movie that was on—the best we could with the music blaring, of course—and then after a while, we started to talk, sharing the good stories we had from however many years ago.

After that, we all took out our phones, showing each other all the pictures we'd taken during our trip.

It was around dinner time when we all went to our own rooms. Dad mentioned wanting to talk to Josephine for a few minutes before we ate again, and Cora wanted to call Liza. Denver said he was just going to watch some TV and I decided I'd take the time to text the twins and all the rest of my friends.

I changed my lock screen to a picture of Billie and me and my home screen to a picture of one of the pages in the diary she gave me after I'd finished texting all my friends, and then I began to sort through all my gifts and put them away.