{114}✔️

A/N: broooo. I'm so overwhelmed with how nice/funny y'all are and how much you seem to be enjoying the book. I'm always getting messages and comments and shit about how much you like it and I'm always shook asf.

Last chapter y'all really went off in the comments 💀💀 it feels good to know you guys are actually invested in the story.

I'm just bullshittin and trying to make this book not suck and you guys really seem to be enjoying it so thank you. Thanks so much for reading 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

*************
Dahlia's POV
*************

"Hold still." Billie whispered before placing the bag of ice on my cheek. I winced and bit my lip which was a horrible idea because it only brought more pain.

She rubbed some of my hair back gently and let out a small sigh, shaking her head. "I can't believe he did this to you."

I tried to get down from the kitchen counter, but she gave me a stern look and pushed me right back up there. "It's fine. This will heal in no time. Will you turn the light on?" I questioned as I looked around the dark room. The only light on was the stove light.

To be honest, I'm glad the light isn't on. I bet I look terrible and I don't want her to have a great view of my face like this. Plus, I keep blushing because she keeps giving me attention. I just need an excuse to get her away from me for two seconds so I can take a breather.

She's been obsessing over taking care of me since she brought me to my house, and it's really sweet, but it's so weird. I don't know, I'm just bad at receiving attention like this. She's pretty intense, and totally okay with being intimate any and all the time, and she keeps making me fucking blush.

"No, the light will make your head hurt worse." She murmured. We stayed silent for a few minutes, and neither of us moved much.

The only time I did move was when I was jumping and peering around her head, trying to see if my dad or one of my siblings was pulling into the driveway.

"We should go to my room, Billie. I have to try to cover this up before they—"

"You need to stop that, Dahlia." She huffed. "You need to stop trying to hide what you're going through from everybody. Especially me and especially your family. Don't you think they should know about this?"

"No!" I yelled before letting out a small yelp. I'd accidentally hit my head on the cabinet behind me. She shook her head at me before bringing a hand up to rub my head and then kissing my forehead.

"No, I don't." I continued weakly. "If I tell them about this they'll try to do something about it. Denny will be ready to fight the guy, my dad will call the police, Cora will probably get her nunchucks out of her closet. They'll all be emotional, they'll all be worried about me. We don't need any of that." 

"What happens when the guy decides he wants to try this shit again, Dahlia? What happens then? If you don't tell them then how are they gonna help you make sure this doesn't happen again? What happens if he decides he wants to get revenge on you?"

"That's not gonna happen." I shook my head. "I handled him."

"Okay, so, you handled him. What about all his fucking friends? What happens when they decide they wanna come after you because you hurt their precious little friend? You know how those boys are. They're clinging to their masculinity as tightly as they can, and what you did today was a major threat to it. They're not just gonna let this slide. They've got something to prove now, and they're gonna try to prove it. They're gonna try to get back at you and you won't be able to fight them all off." She spat.