{5} ✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

"I was thinking we could meet up later this week? Maybe Wednesday?" She asked, pushing my hair over my shoulder.

I blushed before sending her a small smile. "And do what exactly?"

"Depends on whether or not your siblings are home, baby."

"And why can't we go to your house?" I raised a brow and she shot me a look. "My brother's the biggest cock block on the planet."

"I'll see what's going on on Wednesday." I nodded at her. She grinned before bopping my nose and leaning back in her seat.

Kai and I hadn't done anything since the last week of summer, so naturally, we were both incredibly ready to break that streak. Wednesday would definitely be the day.

"How much longer are we gonna be doing book work? When do we start actually cooking?" Jacob asked rudely, grabbing Mrs. East's attention. She sighed and narrowed her eyes at him before walking toward our table. "You can start cooking when you can learn how to properly season food," I smirked as the African American woman in front of me stared down at the whitest white boy in America. "I don't expect it to be any time soon."

She walked away and back to her desk before speaking again. "The rest of us will start cooking in about two weeks. It's mandatory that we do this book work, though, and then take a little test to make sure you all know your knives from your spoons and all that good stuff. I know its boring right now, but it'll get to be more fun after a while."

"Are we gonna get to do all that shit I heard about, you know? With the babies and the wedding planning and all that stuff?" Caden questioned. Mrs. East rolled her eyes at him and warned him about his language before nodding.

"First half of the school year is cooking, second half is doing all that shi—Stuff."

"We get to pretend to be married to someone too?" Kai asked quickly.

"Yep, that'll be one of your first projects. Second, actually, behind the wedding planning."

Kai smirked before leaning toward me and trailing her finger along my jawline. "Great. Another excuse for us to play house."

"Are we allowed to fucking, damn near have sex in here or what?" I heard Billie's harsh mumble before she was quickly shh'd by Cadence and a few other people near her.

I spent the entirety of class trying to focus on doing my work and desperately failing. Between constantly having to pry Kai's fingers off of my thigh and constantly looking back at Caden who kept texting me random shit and then making eye contact with an either smug or very very upset looking Billie, I couldn't get a damn thing done.

"Stop it," I giggled quietly as I swatted at Kai's hands. I was finally on my third sentence when she distracted me again. Before she could respond, the bell was ringing. "See you in English." She winked and twirled her hair around her finger before walking off, her hips swinging from side to side. I laughed quietly as she turned around to send me a goofy look and blow me a kiss.

"You suck at keeping the whole 'I'm gay' thing a secret." Billie popped up out of nowhere once again and I almost wasn't even shocked.