{3} ✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

"S-So if you wanna join science club you can sign the sheet that's being passed around. Science club shirts are being sold from today until September fifteenth and that's basically your way in. They're $15, but we've also got crew necks and hoodies and those are $25. The shirts will come in within the next two weeks but we probably won't get the hoodies and stuff until sometime around October. We'll take a science club group picture around September 25th. Science club is basically just us meeting once every few weeks and we'll have lots of fun little projects and just discuss...science stuff. This club is mainly focused on environmental science this year and we'll be doing a few recycling projects here and there and—" I continued on with my little speech as I watched the sheet make its way around the class, a few students signing it here and there, but most just passing it along without signing.

Seeing as Mrs. Bledgin, the teacher who was running science club this year, couldn't get this class to listen to her to save her soul, she asked me to explain about science club, how to join, what we'd be doing and all that. I'm president of key club, Vice President of Science club and creative writing club, and editor of art guild, so I'm used to speaking in front of big groups of people and telling them what the clubs are about, but today I was nervous.

I could feel Billie staring at the side of my face like her life depended on it. She was sitting in the back near Jacob Wesley once again, dressed in baggy white clothes with all sorts of patterns and tons of jewelry, and her gaze was burning the hell out of my skin.

I was red all over and it was easy to tell, given the fact that I'm pale as shit. I never usually got embarrassed speaking in front of people but...damn, I really didn't wanna do this with her staring at me. I'd have to get used to it though. She's in key club and CW club with me.

I felt underdressed in my black and white Adidas outfit. She was decked out in what looked like ugly yet endearing designer clothes, and here I was wearing hand me down Adidas. I DIY'd the outfit to make it more 'fab' but still, it was nothing compared to what she was wearing.

Why the hell did I care? I never cared what other people were wearing or what they thought of my style.

"Is that it, Doe?" Some guy asked. The blush on my cheeks deepened as I realized I'd drifted off.

"Um... you can sign up for any of the other clubs in the library, the main office, in any of the teacher in charge of that club's room, and in the cafeteria. The deadline for signing up for clubs is September 1st which is closer than it seems so make sure you do that, and try to sign up as soon as you can because there can only be up to fifty people per club and we've been reaching that limit quicker than you'd think in the past few years, especially for the really popular clubs. The signup sheets are checked everyday so...yeah...that's it."

I hurriedly collected the paper once everyone who'd wanted to sign it had signed and handed it to Mrs. Bledgin before taking my seat.

Her thanking me was just background noise as I glanced quickly at Billie who was already staring at me and then turned around to face the front as I spoke to Cadence.

"She thinks we're together, I know it."

"So?"

"So, I Obviously don't want her to think that!" I whispered.

"Whether she thinks that or not, she doesn't seem to care. She stared at you the whole time. She stared at you like you were the last cow on the planet and she wanted a burger."