{49}✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

"I would not have brought her if I'd known, Bil," Bea mumbled as she looked over at Luna sadly. Billie shook her head quickly, reaching over to squeeze Bea's hand. "You had no idea. I mean, how could you? It's okay, it's just a little awkward."

Bea had come over to question Billie about why she'd been avoiding our table the whole night right around the time Billie was telling me that Luna and her used to be kind of a thing.

"We can like, leave if you want? We've been here a while anyway—"

"Dude, no! You can't just leave because of me. I'm fine, seriously. I'm coming back to the table in a few minutes okay?"

Bea nodded and reluctantly walked away. I smiled and patted Billie's shoulder softly. "Do you wanna talk about it? What happened with her, I mean?"

"Not tonight. It's been a really good night." She sighed, rubbing my cheek. "I've had a lot of fun. Thank you for coming with me, baby."

"Thank you for asking me to come." I grinned.

We walked back to the table hand in hand after that and I grinned as I noticed Caden glaring off into the distance. Cadence was missing, so I figured he was pissed because some guy had asked her to dance. As I look toward where he was staring, I realized I was right.

"Isn't that the really hot foreign exchange student she's dancing with?" I asked knowingly, leaning my elbow on the table as I rested my chin in the palm of my hand.

"He's ugly." Caden muttered.

"Isn't that the one from Australia?" Billie asked.

"No, I think he's the one from Italy. Ugh—his accent is so dreamy." I cooed.

I think we've all established by now that I'm gay as shit, but even I can't help but admit that that guy is gorgeous. He's got piercing green eyes, soft and shiny looking brown hair, tan skin, muscles...I'm surprised Cadence hasn't fainted yet.

"If his hands slip any lower I'm going to kick his fucking ass." Caden growled.

"You wouldn't have to focus so hard on your sister if you could find a girl to dance with." I teased.

"I've had three girls ask me to dance, thank you." He huffed. "I'm just not entertaining these bitches because I've got a girl."

"You've got a—WHAT?" I screeched. "Since when? Why didn't you tell me? How'd y'all meet? How long y'all been together? What does she look like? Do I know her? Why didn't you bring her? Did y'all—"

"This is why I didn't tell you. Every time I tell you about a girl I like you freak out and start asking a billion questions." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm sorry if the idea of a girl actually liking you is a little shocking to me," I grumbled. "You know you're not allowed to date anyone I haven't properly met!" I pouted.

Billie snickered from beside me as Caden crossed his eyes and spun his finger around his temple.

"I'm not crazy, Caden Knight, you better—"