{44}✔️

Billie's POV
***********

My Sunday consisted of writing songs with Finneas, missing Dahlia, 'studying' for upcoming quizzes, missing Dahlia, watching SpongeBob, and missing Dahlia.

I miss Dahlia.

"You'll see her tomorrow, dweeb." Finneas hit my knee before pulling his guitar off and spinning around in his chair to get on his computer. "If you miss her so much why aren't you texting her?"

"She's busy. Yesterday she spent time with Cadence, today she's spending time with Denver. Tomorrow after school she's spending time with Cora, then Tuesday she's spending time with Caden, then Wednesday she's spending time with her dad. Dahlia and Billie time doesn't happen until next weekend." I pouted.

"You wouldn't miss her so much if you had friends of your own to hang out with, but..." He sucked in a breath through his teeth and shrugged his shoulders. I took my shoe off and threw it at him.

"I have friends, asshole."

"Ow!" He hissed. "And no, you don't. I don't count."

"Claudia likes me."

"She's not your friend, she's my girlfriend. There's a difference."

"She likes me more than you, either way, bitch." I rolled my eyes.

I hate to admit it, but he's kinda right. Other than Dahlia I don't really have any friends. I mean, I'm friends with Denny, but he's her brother. I'm friends with the twins, but they're her friends. I don't just have my own friend. I have lots of acquaintances at school, but I don't consider any of them to be real friends.

I hummed to myself as I got off of Finneas' bed, hit him on the back of the head and then took my seat once again.

"What are you wearing to the Sadie Hawkins dance?" He asked. My eyebrows shot up and I scrunched my face up, waiting for him to say something else. He rolled his eyes. "You're going to it, aren't you? With Dahlia?"

"Why would you think that?" I squeaked out. He let out a long sigh. "Because she's your girlfriend and she probably wants to go? Because you've only ever been to one dance before and it was with—"

"Let's not even talk about her." I rolled my eyes.

"I just assumed you guys would be going."

I thought about that for a while...I'd love to go with her, but I don't know if she wants to. I'll definitely ask her the next time I get the chance, though. I'd love to see her in one of those fancy dresses...Maybe a short one.

"I'll ask." I shrugged after a little bit.

***

"Do you think Dahlia's gonna mind this?" She questioned as she lit her cigarette. I crossed my arms over my chest and traced the sidewalk with my foot. "I don't know. Maybe? Maybe not? I hope not. I don't wanna make her mad, I just...I don't know, I need friends and I thought you were cool?"