{61}✔️

A/N: Trigger warning. Mentions of suicidal thoughts and sexual abuse in this one. Also someone has a panic attack in this and idk if I need to put a trigger warning for that but maybe 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ just to be safe. 🖤 This is a pretty dark chapter, honestly, so you've been warned!

Dahlia's POV
************

We spent a few hours around the fire, eating our snacks and telling stories, laughing loudly as we cracked jokes and damn near crying when Billie and Finneas offered to sing us a song they'd written. It was fucking beautiful and I couldn't get over how talented they were. Both of their voices are absolutely gorgeous and they just sound better together. The lyrics were beautiful too, and it's crazy to me that these two could put words together so perfectly. It's also weird to think about how much time they have to spend together in order to write these songs because they're always bickering with one another, but I know when they're writing it's pretty peaceful for the most part.

We all agreed to go inside once it got to be around 11 pm. We're all already tired and we knew whatever movie we chose to watch would probably be two hours long, so we decided it'd be best to get a move on.

Luckily, we're not gonna have to wake up early tomorrow. Everyone's sleeping in until at least noon. Thank you Jesus fucking Christ.

There was a very large couch going halfway around the den, but still, not everyone could fit on it. I volunteered to sit on the floor because I've got on Billie's big clothes and I've got my favorite fluffy blanket, so I'll be comfortable no matter where I sit. Billie, of course, sat next to me.

Finneas, Claudia, Denver, Julia, Hudson, Josephine, dad, the twins and their S/O's sat on the couch while the rest of us took a seat on the floor in front of it. Cora and Liza sat on the other side of Billie while Luna and Bea sat on the other side of me and Kai and Jaylen sat next to them.

It took us like twenty minutes to decide on a movie, but of course, once we did it was a scary one. Why the hell we couldn't watch a Christmas movie I don't know.

Once the movie had started, I laid my head on Billie's shoulder and tried not to look at any of the scary scenes. I'm a real punk ass when it comes to horror movies. I fucking hate the jump scares. Blood and gore are fine, but jump scares? I can't.

I got curious toward the middle of the movie, though, and began actually watching it. I jumped a hundred times within ten minutes and Billie snickered at me while squeezing my hand.

Billie ended up falling asleep just a few minutes later, though, and I noticed almost everyone else had as well. Cora was slumped over weirdly and I chuckled seeing her resting her forehead on Billie's knees. Liza's head was resting on Cora's back, and they both seemed to be slobbering though it was hard to tell in the dark.

"Fuck sake!" Luna whisper yelled, her hand darting over to grab mine. I laughed, trying to keep my cool as I looked back at the screen, but I jumped and let out a few curses, squeezing her hand tighter as I saw yet another jump scare.

"Why did it have to be this movie?!" I complained.

"Right?! Those assholes aren't even up watching it." We both laughed at that.

We watched the movie for a few more minutes, clinging onto each other and hiding our faces when something really scary popped up before I decided I needed to take a piss.