{18} ✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

So many questions running through my head at once. Why was she here? She'd seen my pictures? Why did she finally come to see us after, what, maybe two years because she saw my naked picture on Facebook? She'd seen my naked picture on Facebook? Are we even Facebook friends? Do my siblings know she's here? Is this the surprise my dad had planned for me? Did he really think I'd be happy to see this bitch? Well, I guess. I don't think he's caught on to the fact that I want nothing more than to pretend this lady doesn't exist. Who's the kid? It can't be hers, he looks nothing like her. He's blonde with tan skin and hazel eyes. My mom has dyed light brown hair, the same blue eyes as my dad, my siblings and I, the same skin, the same freckles...Why does my family look so damn similar? I know we share the same DNA, but seriously? We're like...we look like the Adams family or something. Why is this kid so big? He's gotta be around five and she didn't leave us that long ago so maybe she's babysitting? But then, why would she bring a kid she's babysitting with her when she's here to apparently confront me about my picture which she'd apparently seen on Facebook? How long has she been here? If she knows, does my dad know? Do my siblings? Did she tell them? She couldn't have told them because nobody's said anything yet and my dad would've sounded way less happy during that phone call if he'd known. Why hadn't she told them? Literally where the fuck are they?

"We don't see each other in such a long time and when we finally do see each other, you don't hug me or say hello?" Her icy eyes bore into mine as she spoke and I glared at her.

"We haven't seen each other because you walked out on us. What are you doing here?"

She sighed and shook her head.

"Darling, why don't you go play with your step-siblings outside?" She bent down and spoke softly to the little boy who nodded and ran outside. She stood to her full height again and smiled at me. "Sit." She pointed to the couch and I looked at it before looking at her again and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay then." She chuckled before drinking what was left in her wine glass. "I'm here to try to fix what your father has broken."

"What?" I narrowed my eyes further.

"I was having a normal day—a good day—yesterday and then I got on Facebook and saw that my boyfriend's niece had posted a picture of you, topless and seemingly tipsy. I was beyond shocked just looking at the picture, but the caption is what truly got to me."

I furrowed my brows as she handed me her phone. It was Kai's post. Kai is my mom's boyfriend's niece? Wow, isn't that fucking fantastic. That's beside the point right now.

I clicked on the post so that I could see all the words.

Kai Dipper:
This is my friend, Dahlia Jane Delilah Doe. Or, maybe I should say ex-friend? Or more like ex lover? We were kinda a thing for a while. Don't be shocked if you didn't know that. Nobody besides me and her really did because shes GAY and she didn't want anyone to know that. But I figured that I'd announce it for her so she doesn't have to because she HATES having to do things like this herself. I took this picture of her at a party after we'd had sex, and I'm sorry if this is TMI for my family members on here, but I'm just trying to keep it 100% real. I'm posting this as kind of a bit of closure. I know that this isn't a family-friendly photo, but I figured that posting this picture would hurt her as much as she hurt me. We were so fucking in love, or so I thought, but then she cheated on me with some home wrecker who popped up out of seemingly nowhere. She had her new girlfriend threaten me and try to scare me into not posting the picture, and then, as many of you know, she had her new girlfriend beat me up at tonight's game. I'm absolutely heartbroken, I'm in pain, and I can't believe I was with someone who could be so hostile and cruel. I fear leaving my own home. I'm afraid I'll get ambushed again for nothing. I've done nothing besides love Dahlia, but this is what I get. I'm so sad about this whole thing, but I'm wishing them the best. XXXXXXXXX